Saints Mini Camp Updates 6-10-2021 (1 Viewer)

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Does anyone else find this a bit concerning? Seems like MT still has a nagging injury from early last season.
I wonder if his obsession made him start training too soon and didn't allow him to heal properly.

SaintStephen1

Veteran
Reaction score
My son got a high ankle sprain on his HS baseball team his senior year in 2001. It regularly bothered him for 10 years and occasionally hurts him now on the golf course. Of course he didn’t have world class trainers all these years like Thomas, but he also wasn’t playing WR in the NFL and cutting on that ankle dozens of times a day during the season.

nakadish

Reaction score
My son got a high ankle sprain on his HS baseball team his senior year in 2001. It regularly bothered him for 10 years and occasionally hurts him now on the golf course. Of course he didn’t have world class trainers all these years like Thomas, but he also wasn’t playing WR in the NFL and cutting on that ankle dozens of times a day during the season.

Thanks for the inspiration. :cry:

Tater

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I had a high ankle sprain and tendon damage 40 years ago. To this day if I step wrong it will twist. Like posted above I didn't have the medical staff that MT has to make his stronger.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I had a high ankle sprain and tendon damage 40 years ago. To this day if I step wrong it will twist. Like posted above I didn't have the medical staff that MT has to make his stronger.

Yeah, a HE sprain can dog you for years if you don't get surgery early on. I'm surprised Mike didn't get it done in the off-season.

Reaction score
Does anyone else find this a bit concerning? Seems like MT still has a nagging injury from early last season.
It's not necessarily a nagging injury. Remember that he definitely had a nagging injury through the season...but he waited until after the season was completed to have ankle surgery. He's now undergoing post-operative rehabilitation, from which he is following the typical return to play timetable.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom