Saints Mini Camp Updates 6-10-2021 (1 Viewer)

My son got a high ankle sprain on his HS baseball team his senior year in 2001. It regularly bothered him for 10 years and occasionally hurts him now on the golf course. Of course he didn’t have world class trainers all these years like Thomas, but he also wasn’t playing WR in the NFL and cutting on that ankle dozens of times a day during the season.

Thanks for the inspiration. :cry:

I had a high ankle sprain and tendon damage 40 years ago. To this day if I step wrong it will twist. Like posted above I didn't have the medical staff that MT has to make his stronger.

I had a high ankle sprain and tendon damage 40 years ago. To this day if I step wrong it will twist. Like posted above I didn't have the medical staff that MT has to make his stronger.

Yeah, a HE sprain can dog you for years if you don't get surgery early on. I'm surprised Mike didn't get it done in the off-season.

Does anyone else find this a bit concerning? Seems like MT still has a nagging injury from early last season.
It's not necessarily a nagging injury. Remember that he definitely had a nagging injury through the season...but he waited until after the season was completed to have ankle surgery. He's now undergoing post-operative rehabilitation, from which he is following the typical return to play timetable.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find this a bit concerning? Seems like MT still has a nagging injury from early last season.
It's definitely a concern when you have a guy coming off of surgery but I feel like a guy like MT is going to do everything in his power to get healthy and return to dominance. He has plenty of time to rehab and I think he's going to be smart about it.

This is going to be a huge year for MT. His targets could drop but he's still going see his fair share of balls. Either by design or out of necessity because our defense took a huge step back and we're in weekly shootouts.

But why some people called it mini camp? Just a little confused.
It’s easy to be confused by it honestly, unless someone is actively aware of the dates and such. I usually can tell the difference when coaches say “X” number of players are here. That’s an indication that it’s voluntary. One is voluntary and the other is mandatory.

It's definitely a concern when you have a guy coming off of surgery but I feel like a guy like MT is going to do everything in his power to get healthy and return to dominance. He has plenty of time to rehab and I think he's going to be smart about it.

This is going to be a huge year for MT. His targets could drop but he's still going see his fair share of balls. Either by design or out of necessity because our defense took a huge step back and we're in weekly shootouts.
I had forgotten he had surgery. It was after the season?

It's not necessarily a nagging injury. Remember that he definitely had a nagging injury through the season...but he waited until after the season was completed to have ankle surgery. He's now undergoing post-operative rehabilitation, in which he is following the typically return to play timetable.
Yeah, I had forgotten he had surgery. And when. So it makes perfect sense he's not yet 100%.

It’s easy to be confused by it honestly, unless someone is actively aware of the dates and such. I usually can tell the difference when coaches say “X” number of players are here. That’s an indication that it’s voluntary. One is voluntary and the other is mandatory.
I am aware of it and to me it seem like OTA rather than mini camp. If we go by the official off season schedule, then mini camp starts next week. Hope we get some football practice coverage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom