Saints Minicamp Updates Day 1 / 6-11-24 (Updates begin on Page 3) (1 Viewer)

Curious as to why we have never given Renfrow a look.

Some people still think we'll sign him but I'm not sure. I don't know if we want him taking a spot from one of our younger guys. Olave, Shaheed, AT, Wilson are probably the top 4. Then I think you want Bub means to win that 5th spot.

Some people still think we'll sign him but I'm not sure. I don't know if we want him taking a spot from one of our younger guys. Olave, Shaheed, AT, Wilson are probably the top 4. Then I think you want Bub means to win that 5th spot.
Yeah, I want to see what Bub has. I would not mind Renfrow competing with Wilson for that slot receiver.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Jontre Kirklin come back for another camp. He killed it in the UFL this year. He’s playing in the championship game this coming Sunday then should be available.
Agree. If nothing else, with the new kickoff rules, he could prove valuable.

I think this coaching staff made that decision when they singed Wilson. I don't think you sign him early at 2 years/6mil unless you expect him to be on the team this year.
I think less than $3 million is guaranteed. While I would expect him to make the team, no one is guaranteed a spot and injuries happen. I would expect Renfrow would be a low cost player (maybe even league minimum) who could add competition to a pretty weak/unproven WR group.

I think less than $3 million is guaranteed. While I would expect him to make the team, no one is guaranteed a spot and injuries happen. I would expect Renfrow would be a low cost player (maybe even league minimum) who could add competition to a pretty weak/unproven WR group.

I think it's still possible he gets signed if he's willing to take the vet min. I just don't think it will happen this week unless there's an injury. I think it would be tied to Wilson's health and Bub Means' progress.

I think it's still possible he gets signed if he's willing to take the vet min. I just don't think it will happen this week unless there's an injury. I think it would be tied to Wilson's health and Bub Means' progress.
Yeah, they could wait until before training camp opens if interested. Minicamp is not that big of a deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom