Saints Mock Draft [USC Pro Day] (1 Viewer)

Conrad

Reaction score
*Trade* <st1:city><st1>New Orleans</st1></st1:city> trades 2[42], 3[74] and 5[2009] to <st1:city><st1>Seattle</st1></st1:city> for 1[25].
<o></o>
1[10] LB Keith Rivers [USC]
<o></o>
Rivers has taken a very solid career at USC and added it to a very good offseason. His recent proday [4.5 40] and 42” vertical showed the athletic ability that we all new he had. But it is the leadership and toughness that make Rivers to hard to pass up. With Vilma manning the middle Rivers can use his speed to run free and make plays. Welcome to the Dome Patrol 2.0.
<o></o>
img.04106_t.jpg
Rivers+sh+uw+06.jpg.thumbnail.png

<o></o>
1[25] DT Kentwan Balmer [UNC]
<o></o>
The jury is split on Balmer. He has all the physical skills that you look for good, but not great, burst and elite size. At his pro day he looked like a young Carl Weathers showing that many people’s “John Sullivan Syndrome” fears are unwarranted. But with his elite physical tools he only had one year of production. He is a great value this late and adds youth and ability to the Saints weakest position.
<o></o>
494639.jpg
my6e1801.jpg

<o></o>
5. C Cody Wallace [<st1:state><st1>Texas</st1></st1:state> A&M]
<o></o>
With Jeff Faine getting 37 million dollars to back pedal while run blocking the Saints need to add depth behind Jonathan Goodwin. Wallace needs to add strength but he has the size to come in at backup.
<o></o>
340118935_d50fbdbd03.jpg

<o></o>
6. S Jonathan Hefney [<st1:state><st1>Tennessee</st1></st1:state>]
<o></o>
Hefney is small at 5’7” 190lbs. but he covers a lot of ground and can play CB. The Saints need bodies at FS.
<o></o>
ftb-hefney_3294.jpg
<o></o>
<o></o>
7. TE Cole Bennett [<st1:city><st1>Auburn</st1></st1:city>]
<o></o>
A big bruising SEC TE who can fill the role of TE in the run game.
<o></o>
bennett2.jpg

i don't like it AT ALL..... trading away our 2nd and 3rd when we are already missing a 4th.... Balmer is Good, i like him alot.... BUT we could stay put and grab a DT in the 2nd or even trade from 10 to 15 and still pick up Rivers and Grab another 3rd....

Just my opinion!!! i like some of the later picks though..some diamonds in the rough maybe...just those 1st two are IFFY to me...giving up alot!!

i'd prefer more picks & more players drafted but i don't mind the palyers taken. first three especially. though Balmer was pretty quite till his last season, i prefer Dre Moore but there alot of haters on this forum for him. i'm not sold on laws as an option so maybe Balmer falls to us at 2?

i'd prefer more picks & more players drafted but i don't mind the palyers taken. first three especially. though Balmer was pretty quite till his last season, i prefer Dre Moore but there alot of haters on this forum for him. i'm not sold on laws as an option so maybe Balmer falls to us at 2?

Me and you both. I really like this dude. He is 6-4 305 and was clocked officially at 4.88. He is explosive and penetrates. He is also very strong.

No way dude. I would take Laws over Balmer in a heartbeat, especially having to give up that many picks. We have got to get some decent secondary help somehow. Interesting mock though.

God no, giving away the farm for Balmer nearly (emphasis on nearly) is as bad as the Sully move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom