Saints Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

As much as most would love to replace our safeties, I just dont think this staff is interested in doing so. Not now anyway. But that's just my opinion.

As much as most would love to replace our safeties, I just dont think this staff is interested in doing so. Not now anyway. But that's just my opinion.
I think you may be right but who knows. I think if Rob Ryan really wants to, he may be allowed to use the 1st however he wants to fix the defense.

Good draft.

I doubt Cyprien would start over Harper.

I assume that is a depth chart you listed.

Good draft.

I doubt Cyprien would start over Harper.

I assume that is a depth chart you listed.

IIRC I read somewhere that in Rob Ryan's scheme, the safeties usually play deep halves with the CBs playing press man underneath. ILBs usually on TEs.

If that is true, then it would give Cyprien an advantage in taking the job because Cyprien excelled at playing halves in college. He and Isa or Jenkins (whoever wins the job) could be a very good at halves. Harper doesn't seem like he has the range to play halves so I see him having more of the in the box snaps in goal line and red zone situations.

No thank you. You facilitated a trade that is evenly valued, these players would probably be BPA (at that given pick), and they fill needs (Hunter would just be a bonus weapon). I really wish that our real draft would end up exactly like this.

You managed to get my favorite pass rusher (tied), my favorite safety, and my favorite WR in this mock. Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thing. Cyprien is a combo safety. Hard hitter and incredibly rangy. Not sure how I feel about Honey Badger in the 3rd yet.

Another thing. Cyprien is a combo safety. Hard hitter and incredibly rangy. Not sure how I feel about Honey Badger in the 3rd yet.

That is why he is perfect for Rob Ryan's system. I read the SS sometimes goes in the box but mostly deep half. He is perfect for that role cuz he played something similar in college and excelled. I really think he could be an All Pro for us fast. IDK if Harper can play in this system. I think Isa/Cyprien combo could be considered top 5 in the league very fast.

Quanterus Smith is just a beast, will probably be a very nice late round steal. Who is he tied with for your top pass rusher?

Hunter has immense potential; considering he has slowly showed more and more regained explosion last year as the year passed. Imagine what Brees could do with a Moss type of burner jump ball WR.

Matheiu has great change of direction, ball skills and instincts. He is also very tenacious but I didn't think we would consider him until all the love the Saints have shown so far in the process. I think Rob Ryan may have huge plans for him. He is similar to Bob Sanders in his play making ability at that size. Nickel CB is also not something any corner can play as you need great change of direction because you don't have the sideline helping you so Tyrann's change of direction should help him a lot as a nickel. My only concern about him is how he would press bigger WRs but not many big WRs play in the slot and the Saints would probably switch Keenan there if one did. IMO he could a real nice piece to add to this defense but he just needs to stay out of trouble (the Saints would probably make him a plan to help him with that like he said on NFL AM).

I love Cyprien as a player. Intelligent player and I read somewhere that he was a leader on that defense. A bit over aggressive at times but you want that in a safety and that can be coached up. He covers a ton of ground and is a big hitter.

Smith hands are the best in the draft and there isn't a close second. He sets up OTs all game with pass rush moved and has a sick delayed rush. He has the tools for a better bull rush but hasn't mastered it yet. Proly his only weakness as a rusher. Carradine is my other favorite but Smith is more technical at the moment. That ACL is my only concern.

As for Hunter, he's like an inconsistent version of A.J. Green. He gets flack for drops (as he should) but he doesn't have bad hands. He makes traffic catches and has a huge catch radius. He problem is he lets a few balls get to his body and he's prone to losing concentration and letting the ball hit the ground. That's coachable. His main question mark is if he can regain the preinjury explosion he had.

As for Matheiu I think he may be a subpackage safety who can cover. I disagree that bigger receivers don't play in the slot. That's actually my concern with him. You are seeing more and more big guys in the slot (think Colston, who is technically a slot receiver). I think he's a moving piece who you move all over the field. He's good in short areas and is always around the ball and there is a place in the NFL for players like that.

As for Matheiu I think he may be a subpackage safety who can cover. I disagree that bigger receivers don't play in the slot. That's actually my concern with him. You are seeing more and more big guys in the slot (think Colston, who is technically a slot receiver). I think he's a moving piece who you move all over the field. He's good in short areas and is always around the ball and there is a place in the NFL for players like that.

I agree with you and your concerns about him in a nickel. Many teams also will line up their pass catching tight ends in the slot these days. Matthieu covering someone like Gronk or Graham would not be good for him.

I also agree that there is a place for him on an NFL team. I was so mad at him last year for all his screwing around. This guy is definitely a playmaker and can help a team in ways that many people can't. I certainly believe there is a niche for him if he can just stay out of trouble.

I like this potential draft but I really think someone would have to blow our socks off for us to trade down. The more I think about it the more I believe we will be staying at 15 and taking Jones, Ogletree, Mingo, or Austin. I see this as a weird draft where a top 10 player is still on the board at 15. *Fingers crossed*

I agree with you and your concerns about him in a nickel. Many teams also will line up their pass catching tight ends in the slot these days. Matthieu covering someone like Gronk or Graham would not be good for him.

I also agree that there is a place for him on an NFL team. I was so mad at him last year for all his screwing around. This guy is definitely a playmaker and can help a team in ways that many people can't. I certainly believe there is a niche for him if he can just stay out of trouble.

I like this potential draft but I really think someone would have to blow our socks off for us to trade down. The more I think about it the more I believe we will be staying at 15 and taking Jones, Ogletree, Mingo, or Austin. I see this as a weird draft where a top 10 player is still on the board at 15. *Fingers crossed*
I think in that situation, Lewis would play the slot for Tyrann or someone like Tez could go into coverage.

The saints are in good position this year teams really needs to be in our spot and would be willing to trade picks fortrade picks its a good year to be #15

I'm convinced Tyrann will not make it out of the second round. Someone is going to reach for him

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom