Saints Mock Drafts (1 Viewer)

brickfish

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Went over to Fanspeak to run a couple of mock drafts. https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/index.php

Draft #1
1. LB - Patrick Queen LSU
3.TE - Adam Trautman DAYTON
4.G Netane Muti FRESNO STATE
5.CB Lavert Hill MICHIGAN

6. WR Aaron Fuller WASHINGTON

Draft #2
1. QB - Jordan Love UTAH STATE <--- Too good to pass-up. In reality, maybe we trade-down here?
3. G - Ben Bredeson MICHIGAN
4. LB - Markus Bailet PURDUE
5. S Alohi Gilman NOTRE DAME

6. WR Ben Victor OHOI STATE
Alternate in 6th: NT Bravion Roy BAYLOR

In both drafts I pretty much took BPA. Despite the draft being deep in WRs, none really fell the Saints way based on where we pick so I "reached" for a WR both times in the 6th. Running these mock drafts always helps me figure out what we need in FA. I think we def need to sign a speed or slot WR and hope some of our developmental WRs can step-up. Expecting someone from the draft to contribute is risky. Good chance we can get a G, LB or DB. There are a ton. Lots of RBs available too if we're interested.

Lafexpress

Veteran
Reaction score
Went over to Fanspeak to run a couple of mock drafts. https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/index.php

Draft #1
1. LB - Patrick Queen LSU
3.TE - Adam Trautman DAYTON
4.G Netane Muti FRESNO STATE
5.CB Lavert Hill MICHIGAN

6. WR Aaron Fuller WASHINGTON

Draft #2
1. QB - Jordan Love UTAH STATE <--- Too good to pass-up. In reality, maybe we trade-down here?
3. G - Ben Bredeson MICHIGAN
4. LB - Markus Bailet PURDUE
5. S Alohi Gilman NOTRE DAME

6. WR Ben Victor OHOI STATE
Alternate in 6th: NT Bravion Roy BAYLOR

In both drafts I pretty much took BPA. Despite the draft being deep in WRs, none really fell the Saints way based on where we pick so I "reached" for a WR both times in the 6th. Running these mock drafts always helps me figure out what we need in FA. I think we def need to sign a speed or slot WR and hope some of our developmental WRs can step-up. Expecting someone from the draft to contribute is risky. Good chance we can get a G, LB or DB. There are a ton. Lots of RBs available too if we're interested.

Look for a trade down in first round, to pick up a 2nd rounder....lots of options in this scenario!

Shadeaux

dear shadeuzx Lord
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i wish the dumba ss simulators would be banned from wasting our bandwidth. Have fun on your own but don't bring it here like it actually means something. It dont do diddly.

annnd I think we should each do a separate thread for every single one we attempt.

Welcome to your own personal nightmare buddy :LOL:

SuperKid

Time for change
Reaction score
Not sure I understand the Mock Draft hate, It's March what else are we supposed to Discuss on a Football message board? Maybe the Mods could just merge all the Mock Draft threads into one Mega Thread to de-clutter things sure.

Obviously you are not supposed to take them seriously but they are a fun, visual exercise for fans to get familiar and learn about the upcoming Draft prospects, and get an understanding of team needs. (GMs have even stated they do their own internal Mock drafts in war rooms to better prepare themselves for scenarios that could unfold on Draft day)

I think the guys that don't like Off-season Speculation talk i.e Draft, Free agency scenarios are better served browsing the Everything Else, or Pelicans boards until August, and Training camp rolls around if they only want to discuss what happens strictly On the field....

CTSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I like it, just don’t know if Hurts will be there that late In the 2nd round
Probably true but it would be nice.. It was between J. Fromm out of State Farm U or Hurts. Went with Hurts cuz Sean wants a mobile QB. I'm thinking Sean P. & crew is gonna jump into the 2nd round by using next year's 2nd & still have the 3rd round pic. Who knows what the Org. will do with a the 2nd rd pic. BPA most likely.

With the other mock draft simulator I had P. Queen 1st rd, Hurts, 3rd rd, Reed from Georgia in the 4th & WR DuVernay in the 5th!

Last edited:

rlpmd

professor and contributor
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NO
24.Denzel Mims
WR Baylor
NO
88.Cole Kmet
TE Notre Dame
NO
130.Davion Taylor
OLB Colorado
NO
169.Michael Onwenu
G Michigan
NO
203.Cole McDonald
QB Hawaii

BreesHOF2024

Veteran
Reaction score
I pray that teams see Andrew Thomas as a guard and let him fall into the mid-late teens. We have to make a move up for him if he does. Dude would be an absolute animal and would take over at LT when Armstead leaves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom