Saints Mock Drafts (1 Viewer)

My mind can't ignore the 800-pound monster in the room and not pick a WR very early in this draft. I get the whole concept of value, but I also get the concept of having only one bona fide WR on the roster as we wait for this, that and the other light to come on with the likes of Kirkwood, Smith, Carr, etc.

YOUR PICKS
1: R1P24
LB KENNETH MURRAY
OKLAHOMA

2: R3P24
WR ISAIAH COULTER
RHODE ISLAND

3: R4P24
G BEN BREDESON
MICHIGAN

4: R5P23
LB WILLIE GAY, JR.
MISSISSIPPI STATE

5: R6P24
S JORDAN FULLER
OHIO STATE

If Willie Gay is available that late then, as far as athleticism goes, it'd be a steal. Off the field concerns- sure, but kid's a baller. Would love to be able to snag a top 10 receiver in round 1 and end up with WG in the 4th or 5th round.

Mock draft I did on TDNs draft simulator today. (Only did 5 rounds)

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 5.27.43 PM.png

How I think the Saints will actually draft based on their combine interviews, and private work-outs.

1. Grant Delpit, S. LSU
3. Ezra Cleveland, OT. Boise St.
4. Davion Taylor, LB. Colorado.
5. RB3 (anyone of Anthony McFarland, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Lamical Perine, or Josh Kelley)
6. Developmental D-Line prospect (McTelvin Agim, Bravyion Roy, Garrett Marino)

Mock draft I did on TDNs draft simulator today. (Only did 5 rounds)

Screenshot 2020-03-13 at 5.27.43 PM.png

How I think the Saints will actually draft based on their combine interviews, and private work-outs.

1. Grant Delpit, S. LSU
3. Ezra Cleveland, OT. Boise St.
4. Davion Taylor, LB. Colorado.
5. RB3 (anyone of Anthony McFarland, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Lamical Perine, or Josh Kelley)
6. Developmental D-Line prospect (McTelvin Agim, Bravyion Roy, Garrett Marino)

Yeah I knew that would be a bit of a shocker

but from what I've heard and read the Saints staff /coaches actually don't see Wide receiver as a big need, certainly not as big of a need as the fans do. (which is unfortunate and I disagree)

but from all accounts they are happy to roll into next season with the guys they have + hoping the younger guys continue to develop; If some amazing talent falls to them I think they'll take them, but if anything they might look for receivers in the late rounds (5th, 6th or Undrafted)

The only Wide Receivers the Saints have shown interest in in pre-draft interviews.
Binjimen Victor, WR, Ohio State (Interviewed at EW Shrine game)
Joe Reed, WR, Virginia (EW Shrine game)
Collin Johnson WR, Texas (Senior Bowl)
Qartney Davis WR, Texas A&M (Senior Bowl)
John Hightower WR, Boise St (EW Shrine)

those are all Late Day 3 guys, plus the Saints have not been linked to any potential Free agent WR targets.

And give me Jacob Eason over Love in rd 1.

I've never seen him live or on tape till your post. Thx much. On highlight tape, he looks like the #1 pick. He's big, athletic and moves well around the pocket. He has all throws: perfect back shoulder, precision sideline throws, slants where he leads the receivers open, makes quick 2nd reads and a cannon of an arm where he hits 50 yarders in perfect stride.

So what's the knocks on this guy?

I've never seen him live or on tape till your post. Thx much. On highlight tape, he looks like the #1 pick. He's big, athletic and moves well around the pocket. He has all throws: perfect back shoulder, precision sideline throws, slants where he leads the receivers open, makes quick 2nd reads and a cannon of an arm where he hits 50 yarders in perfect stride.

Some here said that he supposedly interviewed poorly at the combine.

That's basically it.

I have a strong hunch that he just might secretly be the pick.

Yeah I knew that would be a bit of a shocker

but from what I've heard and read the Saints staff /coaches actually don't see Wide receiver as a big need, certainly not as big of a need as the fans do. (which is unfortunate and I disagree)

but from all accounts they are happy to roll into next season with the guys they have + hoping the younger guys continue to develop; If some amazing talent falls to them I think they'll take them, but if anything they might look for receivers in the late rounds (5th, 6th or Undrafted)

The only Wide Receivers the Saints have shown interest in in pre-draft interviews.
Binjimen Victor, WR, Ohio State (Interviewed at EW Shrine game)
Joe Reed, WR, Virginia (EW Shrine game)
Collin Johnson WR, Texas (Senior Bowl)
Qartney Davis WR, Texas A&M (Senior Bowl)
John Hightower WR, Boise St (EW Shrine)

those are all Late Day 3 guys, plus the Saints have not been linked to any potential Free agent WR targets.
To my recollection no one knew they were remotely interested in Davenport either.

I just did this one via Fanspeak’s simulator:

D3C68D27-E119-41D9-937C-95AA65F5CD54.jpeg

The key words there are “highlight tape”. I’ve seen this player in regular game action a great deal (both from his time at UGA and Washington). He is overall slow footed and mostly a statue in the pocket. He has a great arm, but he lacks touch. He is slow in his reads and stares down his primary receiver too often. I’m not a Jordan Love fan, but I’d take Love 11/10 times over Eason.

I'm No Scout... but the first thing that I see is that this guy locks on one receiver and waits to throw to him at the right time or throw him open. In other words no progressions. This will get you killed in the NFL. Watch that film again and you'll see my point. I could be wrong but it may be something he can be coached out of... but what do I know?

Excellent 45 minute film breakdown on Jacob Eason done by former NFL QB J.T Sullivan.

Really thought JT's takes on these QB prospects are insightful as he managed to stick in the league for a long time and can break down some technical aspects of the position.

Some of the positives JT noted where he has exceptionally gifted Arm talent can make every throw on the field, and he can still make some throws while not being able to fully step into them.

Some of the concerns he has with him:
Extra bounce at the top of his drop which is unnecessary and causes him to be late on some quickgame throws.

Doesn't change up his throwing speed, too much fastball not enough touch or taking some mustard off his throws. Thinks it might have led to some drops due to too much velocity on underneath, checkdown type throws.

Concerned over details with his footwork, feels he relies on his arm and upper body mechanics way too much. Toesy, too often doesn't fully plant his back cleat in the ground, and line his feet, shoulders to his target.

Doesn't stay with his reads with patience enough, too often jumped to the checkdown too quickly and felt it cost his team 2 potential touchdowns in the Oregon game which they lost.

I just completed 3 mocks on Fanspeak. The second one I realize it is back to back LSU guys, but I decided to try Delpit in the 1st and then when our 3rd came around CEH was top of the list so I grabbed him. The 3rd mock was almost unbelievable since Lamb fell to 24 so I just went with it and it ended up being a complete offensive weapon overhaul by netting TE of the future, potential QB in the 6th and a replacement for Line at FB.

Mock 1:
Mock 1.png

Mock 2:
Mock 2.png

Mock 3:
Mock 3.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom