Saints Mock Speed Draft (1 Viewer)

turntime

Veteran
Reaction score
Saints Mock (Speed Draft). <O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

1<SUP>ST</SUP> - CB DOMINIGUE R.CROMARTIE, TENN ST. Speed, Size, Athletic, (SHOW J.D. THE BENCH). I would take Ellis if available here. <O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

2nd - DT TREVOR LAWS, NOTRE DAME. Non-stop motor, (GOOD PASS RUSHER). I would take best CB if get Ellis in 1<SUP>st</SUP>.<O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

3th - LB MARCUS HOWARD, <ST1:place w:st="on"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">GEORGIA</st1:country-region></ST1:place>. Awesome range and speed. (SHOW WEAKSIDE BACKER THE BENCH). <O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

4th - SS TYRELL <ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">JOHNSON</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">ARKANSAS</st1:State></ST1:place> STATE. The speed we need at Safety. (SHOW J.B. THE BENCH).<O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

5th - TE JACOB TAMME, <ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">KENTUCKY</st1:State></ST1:place>. Speed and good Hands (Starting rotation for 2009).<O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

6th - WR/KR DORIEN BRYANT, PURDUE. Would be a steal here. (SPEED WR AND KR). Or If above off the board.<O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

- WR/KR KENNETH MOORE, <ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">WAKE</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">FOREST</st1:placeType></ST1:place>. The pick if above is gone. (SPEED WR AND KR).<O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

7th – C/OG ANDREW CRUMMEY, <ST1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">MARYLAND</st1:State></ST1:place>. CAN PLAY CENTER or Guard. (RECOVERING FROM INJURY, No speed here but would be a good pickup here). <O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

<O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

The first six picks all have something in common it is called "SPEED" you cant coach it! <O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

</PRE>

If Deuce is not retained, look for the Saints to pickup a big short yardage Halfback 225+ in the un-drafted free agent pool. "Ollie Broussard" Anyone? <O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

</PRE>

Saints will bring in an un-drafted free agent QB of the Head coaches choice. Pet Project #2. Prep on practice squad for 3rd string job next year. Palko 2<SUP>nd</SUP> string next year with one more season under his belt. <O:p></O:p>
</PRE>

</PRE>

WE dont have a 4th round pick Howard will be a high 2nd round pick I dont know half of the people you placed on so i cant comment on it lol

I love the DRC laws and Tamme Pick If howard is there when we draft in the third round it wil be the steal of the draft

i really like your second rnd pick. I'm not sold on cromartie though. i could see rivers in the first and laws in the second, or maybe flowers in the second. i could also see ellis in the first and flowers in the second...

rivers and laws would be a hell of a first day. of course we would still need help at CB and this is certainly the draft to do it, but we could really be strong in the front seven with a first day like laws and rivers. i wish we had another 2nd...

I like it, if Marcus Howard is available in the 3rd somehow then you are right about him being a steal. I accually really like all of your picks.

speed huh?..........I love the DRC and Laws and Howard and Tamme picks....but please take no offense to this.....you kinda sound like a Haslett-esque evaluater. Putting faith in everything...except thier ability to actually play well at "football". I.E. Sed Hodge ,Cie Grant, Keyuo Craver,Michael Hawthorne to name a few. But I love DRC and Laws and Howard. Pretty good mock otherwise.

Also....on the topic of Micheal Hawthorne , I still firmly believe he continues to dwell somewhere deep within Grady Jackson.

ellis and flowers would be a hell of a first day...

doubt laws makes it to us, and Flowers would stink in our D, strictly cover-2 corner.

flowers isnt a cover 2 corner...
where did you get that from? flowers is a press/bump and run corner who best compares to MM. flowers also provides good run support, much like MM...

flowers isnt a cover 2 corner...
where did you get that from? flowers is a press/bump and run corner who best compares to MM. flowers also provides good run support, much like MM...

flowers is 5'9 and runs a 4.6 mm is 6'0 and ran in the 4.5 range. the two dont match up well 4.5 is not very fast for a guy that has to cover guys running 4.3's. mm has good size, exp, and technique working for him. brandon flowers would get rapped worse than jason david in a man to man scheme. thats y hes tagged as a cover 2 guy. just because a guy played man to man in college dosent mean he could do the same in the nfl, the speed difference is unreal.

a tenth of a second??? are you really looking at a tenth of a second???

he plays very physical ala MM. he also excels in bump in run coverage which throws off the timing of routes and allows for the height difference. flowers' play is most akin to MM because of what he does at the line and how he plays the WR and ball, not because he is 2 1/2 inches shorter and runs a tenth of a second slower...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom