Saints & Moss Marriage....a year too early?? (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Moss admits he doesn

Only problem i have with this is that he brought it up now...a few days b4 the SB. With that being said...the fact that he kept his mouth shut all year and did his job makes me respect him even though its a bit ill-timed.

He will be a FA Next year and we will need another deep threat if we let Devery Walk.

Maybe we were a year early with the "Welcome to the Dark Side" tags.

What about now??

I have a strange feeling he might retire after this year. I'm not sure what his production was like this season, but I don't see the Saints adding him.

I remember a lot of people on the board wanted him here and were a little miffed when he signed with the 49ers.

I don't think he retires. He can still play and if anything this year gave him a chance to get back into football shape without having to be THE MAN@ WR.

Doesn't hurt that SF is so balanced that they don't have to rely on the pass..so i didn't expect him to catch 60 balls for 1000 or so yds.

He could catch a lot of deep balls in our offense or at the very least take the top off and allow guys to work underneath..but he'd probably get more targets and be used more here.

He already said sometime today he plans on playing next year. I don't think we should sign him though. He's been a let down lately and we're too tight to gamble.

I actually thought his quote was pretty good in that article.

I remember a lot of people on the board wanted him here and were a little miffed when he signed with the 49ers.

I don't think he retires. He can still play and if anything this year gave him a chance to get back into football shape without having to be THE MAN@ WR.

Doesn't hurt that SF is so balanced that they don't have to rely on the pass..so i didn't expect him to catch 60 balls for 1000 or so yds.

He could catch a lot of deep balls in our offense or at the very least take the top off and allow guys to work underneath..but he'd probably get more targets and be used more here.

I'm on board now. Hate it if you want. But #9 will get him that ball! Who Dat!

Moss has always been the deep threat, MAYBE the best deep threat ever but now that he has lost a step or two he is just a has been.

I don't believe he is completely washed up as others are saying. He can still produce. Problem is always will he be happy with his role a team asks of him. Actually seen him go over the middle and take a hit this year. In New Orleans, Drew may throw to 10 different receivers a game, how does that sit with Randy? Him getting disgruntled "Not being the man" i think is what has kept our coaching staff away.

I was more disappointed we didn't sign Vincent Jackson, my God that TD from Brees in the pro bowl looked too easy.

Um, part of our offense relies on WRs selling their routes when they are not getting the ball.

I wouldn't want Moss for the same reason I don't want Rob Ryan at DC - the media circus and distraction that this guy brings is the last thing this club needs. Quiet and focus is what's needed; not ESPN-created drama.

But I should at least acknowledge the fact that Moss has an amazing body of work behind him; RR has next to nothing.

I wouldn't want Moss for the same reason I don't want Rob Ryan at DC - the media circus and distraction that this guy brings is the last thing this club needs. Quiet and focus is what's needed; not ESPN-created drama.

But I should at least acknowledge the fact that Moss has an amazing body of work behind him; RR has next to nothing.

Ur going off his past record though

He didnt even hold interviews this year and was very quiet. No circus...no talking.he just accepted his role n played

Ur going off his past record though

He didnt even hold interviews this year and was very quiet. No circus...no talking.he just accepted his role n played

^

He handled everything well in New England and proved he can play for a classy organization.
Not exactly Terrel Owens here guys

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom