Saints most injury prone team in last 4 years (1 Viewer)

sfbaysaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Saints did fire their head medical staff before 2017 season...
2018 season was great in terms of injuries... maybe changing the medical staff will continue the trend. Breaks went the right way in terms of cumulative injuries the past year.

1550712573660.png

Article Link

I think Dan Dalyrymple is still the strength and conditioning coach? They say the best way to avoid injuries is through conditioning. I've often wondered if he's doing his job.

Saints and Pelicans most injury prone teams in all of sports. That Airline drive spot is weird.

At least the huge lead we had prior to this past season has narrowed.

Saints did fire their head medical staff before 2017 season...
2018 season was great in terms of injuries... maybe changing the medical staff will continue the trend. Breaks went the right way in terms of cumulative injuries the past year.

1550712573660.png

Article Link
Honestly, when this is consistent across both of your franchises(as the Pels are also amongst, if not THE most injured team in that same period).....something is deeply wrong.

And given I think the Saints, but not the Pels, cleaned house a lot, it probably also helps illustrate that as a likely cause. Since the Saints have improved and the Pels are still suffering the same problems.

I think Dan Dalyrymple is still the strength and conditioning coach? They say the best way to avoid injuries is through conditioning. I've often wondered if he's doing his job.

Wonder how many double cheeseburgers he can lift... :unsure:

8c0974a69a8b2f77739038d399f7a7f3.jpg

It's also worth remembering Payton's penchant for stashing barely-injured PS-level players on IR as a way to keep them around for evaluation later. That's gotta skew the numbers a bit.

With all due respect to the gentleman in the above photo, It seems hard to imagine someone with his present composition leading a coherent conditioning program.

I’m not questioning his knowledge base or his programming. I just know a lot of leadership is example.

I used to think it was related to the turf. But lots of turf teams were near the top of that graph.

Also, anyone notice that our win % sticks out like a sore thumb from the list of the bottom 15-18 on that graph?

Imagine how good we could be if we didn’t have that many injuries and if we weren’t a magnet for inexplicable ridiculous last min failures.

Well title is a little misleading.
Most injured in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
2018 not so much. It reversed a trend.

Let’s look a bit deeper.

Hooman-concussion very little a trading staff can do
Lasco- neck injury nothing training staff could do
LaRibus-Ankle
Rankings-torn Achilles
Davenport-toe
Robinson-Knee
Ginn-Knee
Merideth-knee
Various and assorted concussions

None of the above have anything to do with training staff.

Peat came in hobbled from his injury last season, it effected his play and conditioning. He was never quite 100% this year, and then he broke his hand. That wasn’t conditioning.

Armstead tore his pec. Once again not really a conditioning issue as his arm got caught funky.

Only ones you may possibly be able to rest at the feet of conditioning staff are Peat and Armstead. However, what I wonder about Armstead is that he plays too hard. To me he seems to go all out every play. Which of course is admirable, however it leads to guys getting beat up. There is the mentality of do what needs to be done, and live to fight another day. I’m not sure with watching Armstead he’s got that figured out yet. Peat gives me a bit of that also. This year he has struggling with movement. But if you look at last year pre injury the guy was destroying people downfield and such. This year still trying hard, but he wasn’t the same.

If anything the coaching on the line needs to address this. What are the expectations in regards to managing how the guys play as this is the second year in a row with significant injuries.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom