Saints most injury prone team in last 4 years (1 Viewer)

Wonder how many double cheeseburgers he can lift... :unsure:

8c0974a69a8b2f77739038d399f7a7f3.jpg

Good one.

So I guess you can tell by a picture how strong he is?

I guess you can also tell by that pic what his resting heart rate is?

I love it when I go to the doctor and they check my blood pressure twice because that can't be right.

News flash being drug addict thin is not a sign of health or conditioning.

I used to think it was related to the turf. But lots of turf teams were near the top of that graph.

Also, anyone notice that our win % sticks out like a sore thumb from the list of the bottom 15-18 on that graph?

Imagine how good we could be if we didn’t have that many injuries and if we weren’t a magnet for inexplicable ridiculous last min failures.

That's what I thought. It's amazing the adversity that we have overcome and been successful. No one at the bottom of that list has won many games lately besides us.

And look at the CLOWNS:
  • 2nd luckiest in the league overall
  • approx. half the people to IR vs Saints
Yet they still suck.

Payton eased up on conditioning= Less wear and tear

In a 2018 offseason post, Coach Pete explained that last year. Pete says that Coach Payton is old school and when he has a young team with a lot of players trying to make the team and establish leadership, he pushes them hard and he encourages a lot of hitting. Pete says Coach Payton knows that the price for his pushing the team so hard in the offseason is injuries, but with a developmental team, he thinks it's worth the injury price.

In the offseason, Coach Pete predicted that we would have a lot fewer injuries this year (the 2018 season) because coach Payton likes this roster and was not going to push the team as hard or as physical as the previous 3 offseason years. He was spot-on. Our injuries were much lower this year.

Let’s look a bit deeper.

Hooman-concussion very little a trading staff can do
Lasco- neck injury nothing training staff could do
LaRibus-Ankle
Rankings-torn Achilles
Davenport-toe
Robinson-Knee
Ginn-Knee
Merideth-knee
Various and assorted concussions

None of the above have anything to do with training staff.

Peat came in hobbled from his injury last season, it effected his play and conditioning. He was never quite 100% this year, and then he broke his hand. That wasn’t conditioning.

Armstead tore his pec. Once again not really a conditioning issue as his arm got caught funky.

Only ones you may possibly be able to rest at the feet of conditioning staff are Peat and Armstead. However, what I wonder about Armstead is that he plays too hard. To me he seems to go all out every play. Which of course is admirable, however it leads to guys getting beat up. There is the mentality of do what needs to be done, and live to fight another day. I’m not sure with watching Armstead he’s got that figured out yet. Peat gives me a bit of that also. This year he has struggling with movement. But if you look at last year pre injury the guy was destroying people downfield and such. This year still trying hard, but he wasn’t the same.

If anything the coaching on the line needs to address this. What are the expectations in regards to managing how the guys play as this is the second year in a row with significant injuries.

Coach Pete has never addressed the following issue specifically for the Saints. However, according to Coach Pete, the #1 enemy of serious soft tissue injuries for professional athletes is dehydration. All of us who ever lived in Newalins don't need to be told about hangovers and dehydration. But Coach Pete said that occasionally happens to NFL players, the most frequent culprit of dehydration and hardening (making it brittle) is Roid usage. Even players who do not take Roids for strengthening as part of their conditioning program, often use Roids to recover from injuries. Apparently, it is much faster recovery with proper Roid usage. Some of you Who Dats will know this stuff well and far far better than me.

So replacing lost electrolytes and other critical body functions that can lead to dehydration is critical.

The one thing I don't remember precisely on this is whether Roids cause dehydration that causes hardening and then tears or whether Roids just directly harden soft tissues without dehydrating them. I just don't remember. Help of this Who Dats pls.

I often think of Armstead in this regards. A Pec injury is pretty rare according to Coach Pete. He does not know if Armstead has been using Roids to recover from his injuries, but he suspects usage for recovery from all his injuries which sets Armstead up for further soft tissue injuries.

Coach Pete also said after the Rams that watching Armstead trying to play through that injury was one of the most courageous things he's seen in pro ball. He said that the pain level Armstead played with during the playoffs was unreal. He bows to Armstead and his toughness.

Wonder how many double cheeseburgers he can lift... :unsure:

8c0974a69a8b2f77739038d399f7a7f3.jpg

Haha, except for the facial hair, that was a lot like me 5 years ago. I don't have words to thank Coach Pete enough for what he has done for me- that there is no way I could have done on my own. If some of you Who Dats find a couple of my comments about fatties insulting, please remember, I can talk about it because I am a recovering fatty and I have just about every bad over eating habit known to man. WIthout Pete, I could add 50 pounds by the time a Who Dat finished 18 holes of golf - lol!

Good one.

I love it when I go to the doctor and they check my blood pressure twice because that can't be right.

He may be strong as an ox, but when half of your job is conditioning and your physique is comparable to that of a beached whale, it’s hard for those under your tutelage to take you serious about discipline and self control. I don’t expect the conditioning coach to have a physique of a ficus nor that of a champion bodybuilder, but I would expect him to at least be concerned about his body’s appearance.

Where’s those posters that always complained about Rob Ryan’s appearance being that of a slob and the defense’s performance being a direct representation of that?

Newflash, being thin is not always a sign of drug dependency.

Haha, except for the facial hair, that was a lot like me 5 years ago. I don't have words to thank Coach Pete enough for what he has done for me- that there is no way I could have done on my own. If some of you Who Dats find a couple of my comments about fatties insulting, please remember, I can talk about it because I am a recovering fatty and I have just about every bad over eating habit known to man. WIthout Pete, I could add 50 pounds by the time a Who Dat finished 18 holes of golf - lol!

Indeed, so it’d be safe to assume Pete’s physique is much more toned, correct?

Good one.

That is an obese man. I CAN tell what his resting heart rate is from the picture: much higher than if he weren’t obese.

Let’s look a bit deeper.

Hooman-concussion very little a trading staff can do
Lasco- neck injury nothing training staff could do
LaRibus-Ankle
Rankings-torn Achilles
Davenport-toe
Robinson-Knee
Ginn-Knee
Merideth-knee
Various and assorted concussions

None of the above have anything to do with training staff.

I'm no expert, but my understanding of it is that training staff makes sure your muscles are properly conditioned to "move the right way" so you avoid injuries. I've heard Jordan (Michael that is) used to have a personal trainer for this work with stretching his muscles for about 90 mins before every game and he was almost never hurt.

As far as physical strength goes, if that's all that mattered Greg Romeus would have been the GOAT for sure.

Also food for thought...
https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/4/1...fter-changing-strength-and-conditioning-coach

Last edited:

Yep - 2016. I really, really would have liked to know how we would have fared in 2016 if almost every single starter wasn't sidelined with injuries by week 3.

I thought we had put together a pretty good team in 2016.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom