Saints Most Likely Path To The Super Bowl Will Go Through Brady, Rodgers, Mahommes (Media Darlings) (1 Viewer)

tonythesaint

Pro-Bowler
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Diego, CA by way of McComb, Mississippi
I know there is a lot of football left to be played and the Saints need to take care of business with the Bears, but the stars sure seem to be lining up for this. Let's be honest there has been a lot of concern about officiating and what teams/players might get the benefit of the doubt on calls. Let me digress I don't want this thread to be solely about officiating because the three potential QBs we could be facing are 3 of the top 4 with TD passes and in many other categories in the NFL. Now that it is pretty much a foregone conclusion that Brees will retire, this will be the ideal gauntlet for Brees to face to cement his legacy. Anything could happen, but it sure looks as if we are on a collision course with the top 3 "Media Darlings" and this is gonna be a heck of a ride! We need to be hitting on all cylinders in all 3 phases of the game and hope for balanced officiating. Let's beat the snot out of the Bears today and let the chips fall where they may. Are You Guys And Gals Ready For A Magical Ride?

He will never be Slingin Sammy Baugh

If a script is being written, Brees and the Saints are going to be the villain. Thatā€™s what scares me more than anything... The Saints are a good enough (or better) team than any team left in the playoffs (or league for that matter)... but the refs man... those daggum refs can make sure things go according to plan.

Beat Brady three times in one year.

Beat Rodgers in the snow.

Beat the unstoppable Mahommes for the title.

That would cement Brees' legacy.
Don't forget 2009.

Warner, Favre, Manning

Add in Nick Foles, and that's 7 different QBs that Brees would have beaten previous Super Bowl winning QBs. Nobody is close to that number in the history of the game.

If he pulls it off a second time, the legacy goes through the roof.

Last edited:
I don't know if any QB has defeated THREE future HOF QB's in a row to win the Super Bowl....except Brees. If he did it again, that would surely be something that's never been done before.

Not betting that Rodgers wins against the Rams. And certainly, the Chiefs are tough, but do not sleep on the Ravens and the Bills. I think you are stating the obvious. But the obvious is not always the right thing.

Not betting that Rodgers wins against the Rams. And certainly, the Chiefs are tough, but do not sleep on the Ravens and the Bills. I think you are stating the obvious. But the obvious is not always the right thing.
I think that the Rams D can give Rodgers major headaches, slowing down that scoring machine of theirs. This will obviously depend on whether or not Donald is able to play.

Trust me I have been watching football long enough to know none of those teams may be playing in the conference championship games. I especially have been watching the Saints long enough to not look past the Bears. I last made that mistake in the 2010 season against the Seahawks and I still partly feel that it's my fault LOL!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom