Saints most overlooked rookie... (1 Viewer)

thadonkey

Veteran
Reaction score
Jahri Evans! I wanted the Saints to take Winston Justice so badly in the 2nd. I know he and Jahri don't play the same position, but Justice is not even playing for Philly right now. What a great draft! Reggie Bush, Roman Harper, Marques Colston, Jahri Evans, and I think Ninkovich will contribute next year as well. Can't wait til April 2007.

Don't forget about ...... MIKE HASS!

"Last year you didn't want me, now I'm hot, you can't stop me" ....MIKE HASS!

Evans should get rookie of the year consideration. He has started every game and played dang good. He won't get it, but the thought should be there. As of now, I'd say this is the best Saints draft ever.. Better even then the '86 draft.

Reggie Bush - He'll be around for a long time
Roman Harper - He'll start for years to come
Jahri Evans - He'llstart for years to come
Rob Ninkovich - He play and start for years to come
Marques Colston - he'll start for years to come...

That is impressive.

We have had several nice surprises from this year's draft. Makes you wonder what they were thinking the past few years. The funny thing is the only person that was relplaced was Payton. All the scouting people and the GM are the same. Does Payton really make this much of a difference? I sure hope so and hope he keeps up what he is doing because he surely has done a good job so far.

Evans should get rookie of the year consideration. He has started every game and played dang good. He won't get it, but the thought should be there. As of now, I'd say this is the best Saints draft ever.. Better even then the '86 draft.

Reggie Bush - He'll be around for a long time
Roman Harper - He'll start for years to come
Jahri Evans - He'llstart for years to come
Rob Ninkovich - He play and start for years to come
Marques Colston - he'll start for years to come...

That is impressive.

Yes, it has promise to be a great draft. Not sure it would beat the '81 draft, though, which yielded some good to great players for us, including Rickey Jackson, George Rogers, Russel Gary, Frank Warren, Hoby Brenner, Hokie Gajan, & Jim Wilks.

We have had several nice surprises from this year's draft. Makes you wonder what they were thinking the past few years. The funny thing is the only person that was relplaced was Payton. All the scouting people and the GM are the same. Does Payton really make this much of a difference? I sure hope so and hope he keeps up what he is doing because he surely has done a good job so far.

It's clear that the Saints coaching staff's philosphy is the major influence on the Saints draft. Haslett wanted "athletes" with great numbers thinking (mistakenly) that he could "coach them up" into good football players. Payton prefers drafting overachievers who might lack great number but are smart football players. Haslett had 5 drafts, Payton has had one...but I think we can already see which is the better approach to the draft..

Evans is a perfect example, the kid got academic scholarship out of high school so he's smart. I openly questioned whether the former Bloomsburg Div. II LT could make the transition to NFL OG without being a long term project. Well....shows what I know, take a smart guy and put him in 6' 4" 329 lb. body, add good coaching from Doug Marrone = you get a very good and improving NFL guard. He's been overshadowed by Reggie Bush and super rookie Marques Colston but it's a Saints fans little secret that Evans is probably in the top three rookie O linemen - Ferguson, Mangold, Evans in no particular order.

Evans has quietly done a very solid job in a line that is playing far better than anyone believed it could. Thanks for giving him props--he deserves them.

The guys up front don't really get enough credit...the "silent" performers...Evans coming in and making an immediate impact this year is great...hat's off to the young man for his accomplishments thus far...:9:

Jahri Evans has been amazing. That's the only way I can really put it. He's playing like a top 10 pick. The impact from this draft is amazing. The law of averages finally pans out for the Saints after all the bust picks. 2006 Draft class - Best EVER.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom