Saints' moves looking good so far!! Great Read (1 Viewer)

It's funny that this guy still got the Vilma compensation wrong, and has the Times Pic ever retracted their error as well?

Good find, FG ...thanks.

I'm still shaking my head at how much the Bucs are paying Faine. I don't see it. To me, Goodwin will be as good or better. I know many don't see it that way, but it's JMHO.

:gosaints:

Good find, FG ...thanks.

I'm still shaking my head at how much the Bucs are paying Faine. I don't see it. To me, Goodwin will be as good or better. I know many don't see it that way, but it's JMHO.

:gosaints:

Agreed, he is cheaper and bigger than Faine. The whole reason the Browns got rid of Jeff Faine was his inability to push the pocket. We won both games that Goodwin started, so he is clearly not the problem, and we anotherr excuse to win two games vs the Bucs this year...

this article is about to get trashed, people dont like optomistic views on the Saints, they like to pick apart and dissect every move to find bad things, like the Henderson resigning (because he drops balls) even though he in my opinion the scariest deep threat in this league aside from Hester...he just doesnt have consistent hands, and it was at its worst last year...but its the same guy who grabbed 40 plus passes for 700 plush yrds in 06...he'll bounce back...he is valuable and he isnt a starter...we wanna minimize his contribution to the team like he is a #1 or #2 reciever...he's a #3 / deep threat....he doesnt even start and is a willing special teams player...is there really a better #3, #4 reciever in this league (not named Welker) when it comes to big plays? specially in 06...he will bounce back...he may still drop a couple...but he'll get 30-40 receptions in 09.

Me being positive is not me ignoring the negative...but you cant move forward if you keep leaning on the past...I expect some mistakes from everybody we signed this offseason, it doesnt make them bad additions, players get beat, they miss tackles, they throw int's..they drop balls etc, but if you only focus on that, you'll never enjoy this team.

It's funny that this guy still got the Vilma compensation wrong, and has the Times Pic ever retracted their error as well?

Do you have a link to the correct compensation? Every where I read said it was a conditional 2009 4th rounder.

this article is about to get trashed, people dont like optomistic views on the Saints, they like to pick apart and dissect every move to find bad things, like the Henderson resigning (because he drops balls) even though he in my opinion the scariest deep threat in this league aside from Hester...he just doesnt have consistent hands, and it was at its worst last year...but its the same guy who grabbed 40 plus passes for 700 plush yrds in 06...he'll bounce back...he is valuable and he isnt a starter...we wanna minimize his contribution to the team like he is a #1 or #2 reciever...he's a #3 / deep threat....he doesnt even start and is a willing special teams player...is there really a better #3, #4 reciever in this league (not named Welker) when it comes to big plays? specially in 06...he will bounce back...he may still drop a couple...but he'll get 30-40 receptions in 09.

Me being positive is not me ignoring the negative...but you cant move forward if you keep leaning on the past...I expect some mistakes from everybody we signed this offseason, it doesnt make them bad additions, players get beat, they miss tackles, they throw int's..they drop balls etc, but if you only focus on that, you'll never enjoy this team.

Very well said.:highfive:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom