Saints must figure out a way to draft Mac Jones (1 Viewer)

That's fine and great but what top nfl corner can you point to that he dominated at OSU or even in All-star games.

There weren't any.

I tried hard to like Thomas but there's still no way I would've selected him in round two based on workouts and prior competition.

My pre-draft assessment would not have changed based on the information available at the time.

He had a wonderful 3 cone with giant hands and an average to below average 40.

It's really great that you thought so highly of him based on a few moves vs relative unknowns and I didn't but I just don't base my judgements that way.

Kudos to you though.
I hear you about MT never really going up against elite college CBs, but that is not the end all/be all to whether someone will be great at a skills position. You can use that argument for QBs, but skills position players are different. It’s easy for a QB to beast if he clearly has the most weapons, along with the best weapons. Skills position players have these little nuances to their game, that displays how superior they can be. I once watched videos on Amari Cooper training before the draft. Just workout videos on how he worked on his footwork. I was blown way. I knew after watching those videos, that he would have a good NFL career. He did it in his games and he clearly was working on perfecting his craft off the field....couple that with god-given talent. Some players just more dedicated more than others, by putting in the time and patience. And MT was definitely more dedicated more than others.

Sharpe mentioning his accuracy at 5:20

Paraphase:

"Had 3 drops and still was accurate"

Mac Jones's best deep ball breakdown

Best plays of Mac Jones's 2020 season

I could post highlights of Paxton Lynch from college that makes him look like a franchise QB. We all know how that turned out. Some certain people on this board probably thought he was, in fact...

I could post highlights of Paxton Lynch from college that makes him look like a franchise QB. We all know how that turned out. Some certain people on this board probably thought he was, in fact...
So did Payton and John Elway.

Payton was extremely high on Lynch.

Lynch was a play-action passer. Jones is a timing QB.

You wanna bring up Garropolo, Carr, etc?

Didn't think so.

At least I can say that I knew ahead of time that Garrett Grayson had no potential. :ROFLMAO:

"In the case of Lynch, the Saints scouted him. Payton stated that he was “another player that had high grades” in their evaluation of him."

He's a good prospect, well coached, he fits the Payton formula....I think Payton would be intrigued with coaching a guy like this from a school like that who's a winner.

Humility truly is a lost virtue 😔
You can say that again.

No one has to prostrate themselves in front of an audience here in order to massage anyone's massive ego in order to "appear humble."

Some people really need to get over themselves. :shrug:

"Be Humble"= "Stop praising prospects I hate with confidence."

Be Humble = stop actin like you're a draft expert and laugh emoji'ing people's posts because they don't have Mac Jones' nads on their chin, especially when there are multiple receipts of clown car draft "analyses"

Be Humble = stop actin like you're a draft expert and laugh emoji'ing people's posts because they don't have Mac Jones' nads on their chin, especially when there are multiple receipts of clown car draft "analyses"
The emojis are here to laugh at anything we damn well please.

You are entitled to consider Jones a Joke and I am entitled to laugh hysterically at that opinion.

I'm not the one professing to be a draft expert here or whining about people not being humble because they don't like my players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom