Saints must figure out a way to draft Mac Jones (2 Viewers)

When he gets to the NFL, his team won’t be like the high school varsity team playing the JV team anymore. Then add the speed of the game for someone with little mobility. Could get ugly!

I’m kinda hoping one of our divisional opponents (Falcons, Panthers) waste a first or second round pick on butterball :ROFLMAO: ...

E0AC7A1A-B552-41A3-A756-B76B2A03B692.jpeg

Tom Brady at the end of his college career.

B3PCB4SZWAI6VOS4EUBQ3NKZXA.jpg

Drew Brees behind a great Oline still has to display Drew Brees-level accuracy.

Drew Brees won the superbowl with guys like Potential HOF Jhari Evan's, pro bowlers Carl Nick's, and Zach Streif. I think even bushrod made a pro bowl or two.

The oline argument is silly.

You still have to throw on target at the end of the day.

Nonsense.

Firmly believe the first pick will be an OT. Maybe (hopefully), an every down LB to pair with Davis. Kwon allowed Davis to “free lance” a little more.
Sean Payton will bring in a FA QB if the price is right as insurance. He will let Taysom and that QB fight it out to be the starter.
Just my opinion.

Let's just dial up Garrett Grayson and Sean Canfield after we sign a line full of all-pro linemen and expect Drew Brees level results.

How come no one's ever thought of that before?

Let's just dial up Garrett Grayson and Sean Canfield after we sign a line full of all-pro linemen and expect Drew Brees level results.

How come no one's ever thought of that before?
That's fitting because that's about what we'd get with Mac Jones.

I hear you about MT never really going up against elite college CBs, but that is not the end all/be all to whether someone will be great at a skills position. You can use that argument for QBs, but skills position players are different. It’s easy for a QB to beast if he clearly has the most weapons, along with the best weapons. Skills position players have these little nuances to their game, that displays how superior they can be. I once watched videos on Amari Cooper training before the draft. Just workout videos on how he worked on his footwork. I was blown way. I knew after watching those videos, that he would have a good NFL career. He did it in his games and he clearly was working on perfecting his craft off the field....couple that with god-given talent. Some players just more dedicated more than others, by putting in the time and patience. And MT was definitely more dedicated more than others.
I hear you about MT never really going up against elite college CBs, but that is not the end all/be all to whether someone will be great at a skills position. You can use that argument for QBs, but skills position players are different. It’s easy for a QB to beast if he clearly has the most weapons, along with the best weapons. Skills position players have these little nuances to their game, that displays how superior they can be. I once watched videos on Amari Cooper training before the draft. Just workout videos on how he worked on his footwork. I was blown way. I knew after watching those videos, that he would have a good NFL career. He did it in his games and he clearly was working on perfecting his craft off the field....couple that with god-given talent. Some players just more dedicated more than others, by putting in the time and patience. And MT was definitely more dedicated more than others.

A workout video yields precious little information to base an opinion on how a prospect will beat press coverage at the pro level vs a cornerback like Lattimore or Deion Sanders.

When he gets to the NFL, his team won’t be like the high school varsity team playing the JV team anymore. Then add the speed of the game for someone with little mobility. Could get ugly!

I’m kinda hoping one of our divisional opponents (Falcons, Panthers) waste a first or second round pick on butterball :ROFLMAO: ...

E0AC7A1A-B552-41A3-A756-B76B2A03B692.jpeg

I'm a Mac Jones supporter but personally I think criticism of his gut is pretty lame.

I find his mugshots much more amusing, though I hate to laugh at the guy.

maxresdefault.jpg

59fcb763bfd9c.image.jpg
23710293-small.jpg

I cant agree with this assessment. I do not think the days of the pocket passer are gone. The rules in the NFL still favor the pocket passing qb. Pocket awareness is a different trait than having mobility to extend plays. I do not believe the RPO is still an accepted concept at the pro level since its exposes multi million dollar qbs to excessive injury over their careers. I think his traits and talent are similar to Drew Brees. Brees was criticized for not having a strong arm, but his other abilities were highly desired. How many here would draft a Drew Brees if 20 years younger?

I cant agree with this assessment. I do not think the days of the pocket passer are gone. The rules in the NFL still favor the pocket passing qb. Pocket awareness is a different trait than having mobility to extend plays. I do not believe the RPO is still an accepted concept at the pro level since its exposes multi million dollar qbs to excessive injury over their careers. I think his traits and talent are similar to Drew Brees. Brees was criticized for not having a strong arm, but his other abilities were highly desired. How many here would draft a Drew Brees if 20 years younger?

behold_little_ones_nursery_manual.jpeg

Drew Brees behind a great Oline still has to display Drew Brees-level accuracy.

Drew Brees won the superbowl with guys like Potential HOF Jhari Evan's, pro bowlers Carl Nick's, and Zach Streif. I think even bushrod made a pro bowl or two.

The oline argument is silly.

You still have to throw on target at the end of the day.

Nonsense.

Every quantifiable accuracy statistic is based on completions, not ball placement, level of difficulty, etc.

When you’re a DC and your options are creating pressure but leaving Smith/Waddle/Metchie on an island, or blanketing the WRs and giving Mac as long as he needs to get the ball out, yes you infinitely increase the QB’s ability to complete the pass.

Every quantifiable accuracy statistic is based on completions, not ball placement, level of difficulty, etc.

When you’re a DC and your options are creating pressure but leaving Smith/Waddle/Metchie on an island, or blanketing the WRs and giving Mac as long as he needs to get the ball out, yes you infinitely increase the QB’s ability to complete the pass.
Wrong yet again.

PFF tracks accuracy in a number of different ways through various novel metrics such as tight window accuracy and negatively graded throws, % percentage of uncatchable balls, etc irrespective of who catches the ball or not.

Jones still blows everyone else away.

precsionvsaccuracy_crashcourse-579x600.png

I posted about this last week at length in another thread.

If you spent half as much time reading as you do clown voting you wouldn't miss as much key information on prospects that I disagree with you on like you did with Claypool.

Wrong yet again.

PFF tracks accuracy in a number of different ways through various novel metrics such as tight window accuracy and negatively graded throws, % percentage of uncatchable balls, etc irrespective of who catches the ball or not.

Jones still blows everyone else away.

precsionvsaccuracy_crashcourse-579x600.png

I posted about this last week at length in another thread.

If you spent half as much time reading as you do clown voting you wouldn't miss as much key information on prospects that I disagree with you on like you did with Claypool.
MT...

It wouldn't kill you to read one thing before criticizing what I say, especially when I alread dedicated an entire thread to Jones's accuracy last week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom