Saints must fundamentally change their identity or we don't make the SB (1 Viewer)

I think the aggressive approach used while Teddy was playing was unsustainable with our defense. Our players break too easily

Now that is a valid explanation. Because gents, this soft Saints defensive performance is more than just the 49ers game, that one just emphasized it. And i'm not giving up, but we must channel that sort of defense quickly because we might not only lose in the playoffs wivout a strong defense, but we're about to lose our first round bye!

Now that is a valid explanation. Because gents, this soft Saints defensive performance is more than just the 49ers game, that one just emphasized it. And i'm not giving up, but we must channel that sort of defense quickly because we might not only lose in the playoffs wivout a strong defense, but we're about to lose our first round bye!
We don't currently have a first round bye and need Green Bay's help to get one.

When Teddy Bridgewater finished up his 5-0 run, I posed the question if the defense will revert to its old ways of relying on Drew Brees' arm to win games. I was largely mocked and ridiculed for such a blasphemous notion, and SINCE Drew has returned, the defense has largely reverted to its old ways of relying on Drew Brees' arm to win games. And the 49ers loss was just the biggest example of them becoming the shootout team they've been the past decade that gets you so far, but ultimately gets stopped in the playoffs.

and now with this loss, the Saints only hope of HF is not only running the table (including facing a suddenly red hot wild card Titan team on the road) but hoping the Seahawks can beat the Niners twice in a row (we own tie over SEA not SF) And if we drop ONE game vs the Colts, Titans, or even Panthers, then we need the Packers to lose TWO games (ain't gonna happen) because guess what, they hold the tiebreaker over us, and we might be playing bloody wild card weekend with all the rif-raf!

The bottom line is, the shootout version of the Saints is not winning the NFC. and the only way that happens is if Payton and Allen get this defense in gear. Because I don't want to get into a shootout with the Vikings indoors with Adam Thielen, Dalvin Cook, and Stefon Diggs, and if we get passed that, I don't want to be taking Drew Brees up to Green Bay in the middle of a January blizzard on his 41st birthday! Only to be greeted by the 49ers in THEIR stadium? Defense must play like they did with Teddy.
Decent post, terrible post title. Change it to "Defense needs to step up for Drew like they did for Teddy" and you're good.

I think we need to run the football a LOT more. We were doing that with Teddy, who thrives in a ball control offense. Long sustained drives eat up clock, keep opposing offenses on the sideline, and gas their defense, but it also allows your own defense to rest and recover for the next possession. You don't have that luxury in a quick strike pass heavy offense like we run with Drew. It's tempo. It's quick scoring. It depends on outscoring the other team rather than stopping them. Our offense is really good, but we score too fast to rest our defense. Just my opinion, but it could explain why the defense has taken a step back from what it was when Brees was out

I think we need to run the football a LOT more. We were doing that with Teddy, who thrives in a ball control offense. Long sustained drives eat up clock, keep opposing offenses on the sideline, and gas their defense, but it also allows your own defense to rest and recover for the next possession. You don't have that luxury in a quick strike pass heavy offense like we run with Drew. It's tempo. It's quick scoring. It depends on outscoring the other team rather than stopping them. Our offense is really good, but we score too fast to rest our defense. Just my opinion, but it could explain why the defense has taken a step back from what it was when Brees was out
You realize we won the TOP battle on Sunday, right? And that we had more rushing attempts than SFO?

And you realize that we had more rushing attempts against SFO - despite playing from behind nearly the entire 2nd half - than 3 out of the 5 games Bridgewater started, right? And that the only two games Bridgewater started where we had more rushing attempts than against SFO were games against bad teams in which we had the lead for nearly the entire time and we milked the clock in the 2nd half, right?

The defense just did not play well against SFO, period. If they had played better and gave up less than 8.2 YARDS PER PLAY then they would have had even more rest and we'd have won easily.

This thread is proof that some never lived through the rough years as Aints fans....

We have 10 wins and were the 1st to win our division in the entire flippin NFL.

“Let’s change it all up” blah blah blah....

Just dumb...plain ol’dumb

Loon is Annoyed ? ?

This thread is proof that some never lived through the rough years as Aints fans....

We have 10 wins and were the 1st to win our division in the entire flippin NFL.

“Let’s change it all up” blah blah blah....

Just dumb...plain ol’dumb

Loon is Annoyed ? ?

I'm not going to stoop to your childish name calling because I don't engage in a battle of wits with someone so clearly unarmed, but if your only goals are to be the best team in the 2nd worst division in the NFL then God bless you, but for those of us who want to defeat the elites in the playoffs and Super Bowl, you need to see when things are working and when they aren't and analyze a little deeper. It's what separates playoff teams from champions.

I'm not going to stoop to your childish name calling because I don't engage in a battle of wits with someone so clearly unarmed, but if your only goals are to be the best team in the 2nd worst division in the NFL then God bless you, but for those of us who want to defeat the elites in the playoffs and Super Bowl, you need to see when things are working and when they aren't and analyze a little deeper. It's what separates playoff teams from champions.
Listen Christian Bale...

The facts remain that I loved your work in Batman The Dark Knight......

BUT

we all know Heath Ledger stole the show LIKE ALL LOONS DO ?

So precious you are with your feelings and all...?

“Why so serious!?”???

Ok I’ve turned the lights?out on the dark knight now...bye bye folks

Loon Learned Ya ?

P.S.
All fun n games here my friend, but some might call it Poetic Murder ???...hahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom