Saints Must Win Texans Game!! (1 Viewer)

travelingsaintsfan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This has developed into a must win for me against the Texans. I am working in Houston for a Houston company and everyone including my bosses and my assistants are pulling for the Texans. All of them are from Houston. Most of the higher uppers of the company are actually going to the game. I was invited but had to be home this weekend unfortunately.

So everyone needs to cross their fingers, toes and whatever else to make sure we beat the Texans tomorrow night. I have been flying my Saints flags on my truck all week and threatened to put up a bigger flag on the jobsite trailer next week when we beat the Texans.

This will probably be the most important pre-season game I have ever watched. I would love to go back to work on Monday and rub it in everyone noses. I caught all kind of hell yesterday because of the fights. Even the one with Shockey that took 4 to 6 of their guys to bring Shockey down.

Yeah, I don't understand why they have been practicing against each other this week.

I know it must be nice to play against a different Defense, since your Defense knows everything you Offense cause they play all the time, but they are our opponents for this week's Preseason Game.

It eliminates many surprises, and I can only see this working against the bottom guys trying to make the Roster. The Texans by now have to have a pretty good grasp of the Saints Offense/Defense-ive tendencies.

Sorry, I just don't see how any preseason game is a must win. Let the Saints regular season play be what you run in. Preseason is for evaluating our backups.

This has developed into a must win for me against the Texans. I am working in Houston for a Houston company and everyone including my bosses and my assistants are pulling for the Texans. All of them are from Houston. Most of the higher uppers of the company are actually going to the game. I was invited but had to be home this weekend unfortunately.

So everyone needs to cross their fingers, toes and whatever else to make sure we beat the Texans tomorrow night. I have been flying my Saints flags on my truck all week and threatened to put up a bigger flag on the jobsite trailer next week when we beat the Texans.

This will probably be the most important pre-season game I have ever watched. I would love to go back to work on Monday and rub it in everyone noses. I caught all kind of hell yesterday because of the fights. Even the one with Shockey that took 4 to 6 of their guys to bring Shockey down.

You're putting a lot into a game where our best players likely won't figure into the outcome. It basically comes down to our backups against their backups. And honestly I couldn't tell you whose backups are better.

But hey I hope they win so you can brag.:9:

Yeah, I don't understand why they have been practicing against each other this week.

I know it must be nice to play against a different Defense, since your Defense knows everything you Offense cause they play all the time, but they are our opponents for this week's Preseason Game.

It eliminates many surprises, and I can only see this working against the bottom guys trying to make the Roster. The Texans by now have to have a pretty good grasp of the Saints Offense/Defense-ive tendencies.

It's better to practice against opposition that you don't know what they are about to do. Since the Saints and the Texans only play in preseason, it won't matter if each team knows how the other one stacks up (unless they both make it to the Super Bowl). And last, the players like beating up players from another team in practice than they do their own guys (as you can tell by all the fights).

If you guys are pulling for a preseason win, then more power to ya, I'd just take the score whenever you start seeing 2nd stringers on the field so that way you know how the 1's did against each other. And if you want a win, pray your scrubs are better than our scrubs. :)

OK, let's get regrouped here travel,

"I am working in Houston for a Houston company and everyone including my bosses and my assistants are pulling for the Texans. "

Your bosses, huh?

They're Texans, huh?

Friend, shut up now, you're taking a preseason game way too serious.

Keep quiet if we lose, just smile and shake your head.

If we win, keep quiet big time.

ddd

This is pre-season. I am much more concerned with how our players play and that we don't get any injuries than I am about the score on the board.

Sorry my friend, i understand how nice it is to have braggin rights, but not only are pre-season games not "must win" every, I doubt the team will even "try" to win it. The game will be nothing more than a glorifid practice.

They usually do this every year against one of the teams on the schedule, pretty much like every team in the league does.

I was actually kind of hoping that the Saints lose this game. Since they won last week and remember how good winning feels this might be a good time for them to recall how much losing sucks. A motivational thing before the real season starts. But seeing as how you've got bragging rights at work riding on this I'll root for the Saints to win this one. :ezbill:

I guess I pushed this some myself after LSU beat Texas in the CWS. Now they want to make me eat crow.

So still if our first string does not play much I still want and hope we beat the Texans tomorrow.

LMAO at you thinking it took 4-6 guys to pull down Shockey. :smilielol:

Things are getting out of hand over here, DeMeco grabbed him around the head and then both guys went to the ground......then teammates rushed in. Nothing serious at all.....I mean are y'all just not used to camp fights or what? This kind of stuff usually happens every year in every camp.

Seriously, I don't know how much more I can take of this Jeremy Shockey "Paul Bunyan" tall tale that is forming. Did anybody actually go to the practice (like I did) or are y'all just reading what somebody typed and then add something to it? Next we're going to have Shockey shooting laser beams out of his ***, "Bill Brasky" style. :smilielol:

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. It should be a good game. We have similar offenses, so that'll be exciting. I'm looking forward to watch the defense though....hope to see improvement there. Y'all will probably win, because y'all have the more experienced backup QB, but I'll be focussed more on starters vs the starters......hopefully we get the better of that interaction.

Last edited:
You really shouldn't sweat a preseason game. All that matters is that we win the Superbowl this year. :hihi:

LMAO at you thinking it took 4-6 guys to pull down Shockey. :smilielol:

Things are getting out of hand over here, DeMeco grabbed him around the head and then both guys went to the ground......then teammates rushed in. Nothing serious at all.....I mean are y'all just not used to camp fights or what? This kind of stuff usually happens every year in every camp.

Seriously, I don't know how much more I can take of this Jeremy Shockey "Paul Bunyan" tall tale that is forming. Did anybody of y'all actually go to the practice (like I did) or are y'all just reading what somebody typed and then adding something to it? Next we're going to have Shockey shooting laser beams out of his ***, "Bill Brasky" style. :smilielol:

There were 2 guys fighting with Shockey and a third from the sidelines came in to join them. And yes, many SRs were at the practice. And there is also video in case you haven't seen it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom