Article Saints named in Russell Wilson trade destinations (1 Viewer)

Anyone thinking we shouldn't trade Lattimore is absolutely insane.

If we roll into the season with Winston or Taysom we may not even make the playoffs.

If we had Wilson at QB then we are Super Bowl contenders for the next 5 years or more. We beat Tampa last year if we have Wilson.

It doesn't seem like a debate to me. If we could get him, we get him.

I love Taysom, I’m curious about Winston, but all that is out the window if we can legitimately get Wilson.

Here is the link to the article.

It’s been a long minute since I’ve posted. I took this past season off from posting to really just take in and appreciate what I thought would be Drew’s last year with my pop’s who unfortunately passed away on Tuesday.

For whatever reason I turned on the radio and heard about this story and decided to login to Saintsreport. My father’s second favorite QB in the league was “Let Russ Cook”. I think from the standpoint of size and Wilson’s own fandom of Brees drew (no pun intended) my dad’s attention early in Russell’s career.

I have no idea what the Saints package will look like but we all know that SP and Loomis are going over what type of package they can throw together to out bid everyone else. I believe that 2 first rounders, and a combo of player’s will get Russ in the Black and Gold. What player’s? I think we all need to be prepared for a package that includes names like Armstead, Jordan, Peat and perhaps even Taysom. I’ve seen the posts saying: Lattimore, MT and even Kamara. While I can see Latt for obvious talent reasons I personally don’t believe that ML but especially SP giving up a generational talent at WR or RB to get Russ.

However, if Mickey can clear cap space while simultaneously getting another potential HoF QB and not weaken the team dramatically then I believe then that’s the compensation package I think they offer Seattle. What Seattle has to consider is that Russell Wilson can “force” a trade or wait Seattle out and we all know that if the latter happens the compensation that Seattle might get will dry up. If he’s unhappy then maximize what you can get (see Anthony Davis). While the NFL is not the NBA it seems that the NFL is getting closer to the point where players can dictate their destination. To me when players add a “no trade clause” to their contract they do this to be able to increase their say so in where they go. Let’s be honest, it’s not like Seattle or any NFL team adds the no trade clause to players contracts.

With all that said, I’d give up 3 first rounders and a player to gain another 5-6 years of relevancy and real shot(s) at the SB. Can we win with Jameis, Taysom or a combo of both? Yes. Can we win playoff games with those guys? Probably. Can we win championships with them? Or do they give us a better chance at winning it all if we had Russell Wilson at the helm? That’s a big hell no.

So I’m all for going after him with everything we have. I believe Drew would endorse that move walking out the door and I know my pop’s is looking down from heaven saying “Make it happen Loomis”......

giphy.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom