Saints Nearing Vilma - from TP (2 Viewers)

Reaction score
Didn't see this posted...sorry if it is already...

Jimmy Smith -

The Saints are close to finalizing a deal that will bring middle linebacker Jonathan Vilma to the team in a trade with the New York Jets, league sources said.
The deal could be announced as early as later Thursday night or sometime on Friday.
Vilma, 6 foot 1, 230 pounds, is a four-year NFL veteran.
He played in nine games for New York, his season shortened by knee surgery. He had 43 total tackles in the nine games he played in 2007 for the Jets.

http://blog.nola.com/saintsbeat/2008/02/saints_nearing_vilma.html

It was actually 7 games with 43 tackles, not 9. But cool none the less. I hope we get him.

threads full of rumors and speculation... and now finally its happening (assuming this isn't a rumor either:))

Have to say i told you so. Saints have wanted him since the draft. I bet my lefty on it in another thread so looks like i need a beer.

I guess the team doctors were satisfied with his knee. If they only give up a fouth...excellent move.

Thank you Dschex for making me feel pseudo-famous for being the first to scoop the story to PFT. :hihi: It only took them 20 minutes to sift through to find my email.

Man this is SOOOOOO GREAT!! I really want this to happen, he would be a great addition, and real talent at linebacker!!

I would be so freaking happy for an entire week if this happened. Heck, I'd give away free money to random people if this happened, hopefully tommorow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom