Saints need Marshon Lattimore at his best vs. Julio Jones, OBJ by Mike Triplett (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
METAIRIE, La. -- The most important development for the New Orleans Saints in Week 2 -- besides escaping with a desperately needed win over the Cleveland Browns -- was the bounce-back performance of Marshon Lattimore.
The Saints are going to need their top cornerback at the top of his game with Julio Jones and Odell Beckham Jr. looming on the schedule the next two weeks.
Lattimore, who routinely shadows the opponent's top receiver, had by far the worst performance of his young career in Week 1. The NFL's reigning Defensive Rookie of the Year allowed Tampa Bay Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans to catch four passes for 115 yards, including a 50-yard touchdown, when he was matched up in single coverage against him. Last season, Lattimore didn't allow a single touchdown pass in man coverage, let alone a 50-yarder.

Marshon Lattimore

Dude I have no idea what happened with Latt during week 1. He looked better against the Browns, but Julio is definitely his greatest challenge so far this year so I really hope he's figured it out.

Meh, he could probably play like crap against obj and Eli still wouldn't be able to get him the ball. They look like the worst team in fb right now. Pretty much got dominated by a garbage cowgirls team.

Meh, he could probably play like crap against obj and Eli still wouldn't be able to get him the ball. They look like the worst team in fb right now. Pretty much got dominated by a garbage cowgirls team.

For real. That OL is putrid. I'm worried about Julio, but unless OBJ goes off for 3 scores I think the Saints are ok against the Giants.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom