Saints Need More thatn CB (1 Viewer)

saintsmarchin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Safety. Horrible play last year. Sad to say. We need someone alongside Harper. Harper also needs to learn how to read the run and pass. He often cheated up and then got smoked for a pass down field. Then again... if our Pass rush is awesome.. Who cares? Blitz them to death.. Sure they might get a lucky TD.. Though with the Saints Offense.. teams can't afford to give away downs.

I disagree. I think the Safetys were told to watch the run first because our LBs were so weak. Add to that a non-existent pass rush and horrible CB play, and the Safetys were set up for failure.

With Fujita/Vilma/Morgan at LB, the DL will be allowed to go after the QBs more and (I'm assuming here) we should get a DT or CB in round one and that will make either the pass rush great or CBs much better....either way, Bullocks and Harper have never had a fair shot with a good D in front of them. We are one or two picks away from giving them that.

You can't make chicken salad with chicken ****.

Saftey is a need, but the Saints like Bullocks, I don't know why.
I think we might go after someone like Corey Lynch, he is from a smaller school and Payton loves those small school players. But I just hope that we address FS in some way in the draft. But maybe if we improve our front 7, Bullocks will show that he can turely play.

If Kenny Phillips or Reggie Smith fall to #40, I don't see us passing on either of them.

Correct we need a defensive scheme that fits our personnel. OR we need to get personnel to fit our scheme.

Why are we still talking about this.....the Safetys arent gonna be replaced!

I disagree. I think the Safetys were told to watch the run first because our LBs were so weak. Add to that a non-existent pass rush and horrible CB play, and the Safetys were set up for failure.

With Fujita/Vilma/Morgan at LB, the DL will be allowed to go after the QBs more and (I'm assuming here) we should get a DT or CB in round one and that will make either the pass rush great or CBs much better....either way, Bullocks and Harper have never had a fair shot with a good D in front of them. We are one or two picks away from giving them that.

You can't make chicken salad with chicken ****.

:plus-un2:

I think it all starts with the D-Line. If our D-Line could get any pressure/pass rush, our DBs would suddenly become a lot better. When every QB had 5+ seconds to chill and scan their recievers, they will eventually find an open one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom