Saints need to backup the truck for Kevin Zeitler (1 Viewer)

scott88

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Zeitler will make for a great replacement for Jahri Evans and would be worthy of a splash

I'd be ok with this. Just don't get too crazy with the money.

Zeitler, Warford, Jackson, Warmack - good year for us to solidify the guard position with one of these.

Guards and plentiful in FA luckily, hope to see most hit the market. We're going to have to pay too much for one unfortunately

I'd be fine with this. Based on Roushars 1st season with the Oline where Peat Progressed, Strief/Evans found fountains of youth, Unger was the highest ranked Center for the majority of the year and even without a healthy Armstead the Oline was probably a top 10? Even Kelemente/Lelito held up in their appearances

Yeah I'd say a FA G signing would probably have the highest hit rate.

Adding Zeitler to our OLine instantly puts us as the 2nd best OLine behind the Cowboys. If one of our young guys turns into a solid player at the other OG position then we are arguably just as good if not better. I would be happy landing Warmack as well. Would rather pay an OG we know is a stud and ready to go immediately. Need to give Brees everything he needs to win over the next few years and offensively an OG along with a satellite back we would be set. We need to back up that Brinks truck and load Zeitler up.

Why wouldn't the Bengals resign him?

Andrew Whitworth (Bengals LT) is also a FA.

Edit: Yea, he's old, but he's still a good LT. So they may be able to pay both, but not want to. Or maybe Zeitler pulls a Nicks and chases the money.

I think we need to bring Jahri back one more year.

Jahri was still good in pass protection (knows how to work in tandem with Strief) but he left a lot to be desired as a run blocker in space. I'm a firm believe that Mark Ingram is in his prime and should push for more overall touches in the offense.

The most used package was our 3x1 package with 3 WR's , 1RB, and 1 TE on the field. If you are going to build on what you already do best well there are 2 things you can do to enhance/maintain this package so that its more effective

Strengthen the oline by getting Terron Healthy at LT so Peat plays at LG. Armstead/Peat is better than Peat/Kelemente and then signing a young RG

Resign Snead since he's the 3rd WR.

You help Ingram/Brees by improving the oline/running the ball.

Jahri/Strief are just old and the NFL is a developmental league. Those snaps you would be giving to Jahri to bring him back could be going to a Rookie or someone else that needs development. Thats why they didn't bring him back last year.

Please... I love Jahri but we've gotta start getting Younger on that right said and Unger/Evans/Strief have a combined average age of 32. Thats old in the NFL. Need some youth between Unger/Strief. Especially since both were top 5 at their respective positions of C/RT and Jahri was merely an average contributor/middle of the pack RG.

Zeitler is going to make a lot of money...but nice stuff often costs lots of money. With Zeitler you get what you pay for. He should be our #1 target....no question.

1a. Kevin Zeitler
1b. Andrew Norwell

Norwell is a beast, huge, and only 25.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom