Saints need to focus on Offense this offseason (1 Viewer)

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
At first, I said and believe that the Saints should stock up on the defensive side of ball. I’ve come to think different now. Free agency and draft, Saints focus should be to stack the deck with offensive weapons. I would love to see Offensive weapons like 2009-2011 level.

we have lethal weapons man. We bombed against the vikings because our guards couldnt help drew with his biggest weakness. We need a solid slot and our offense is set. Now we continuously need help on Defense man. we give up to many critical plays when it counts. it sucks.

I agree with Twags14, this team has key playmakers with the exception of a #2. I have personally grown tired of the level of talent after CGM and think a real investment should be made at the position. Either free agency or the draft. After that, we need help on the line and focus on the defensive side of the ball.

The odds are good for getting a good WR this year. The depth is strong in the draft and there is also a few good players who could break free such as Breshad Perriman. After seeing how playoff teams were able to get after Drew, we need to sure up the OL. Defense is key as well though.

We need 3 Key things on Offense :
Better And consistent Coaching/Playcalling
A Guard (Upgrade over Peat)
Wide Receiver #2 or 3 (Pick one or both)

Meaning with 2 Or 3 additions rather through the draft or FA would literally make this offense Unstoppable

At first, I said and believe that the Saints should stock up on the defensive side of ball. I’ve come to think different now. Free agency and draft, Saints focus should be to stack the deck with offensive weapons. I would love to see Offensive weapons like 2009-2011 level.

Invest in the lines. I will type it until my fingers fall off. We have plenty of weapons. We have invested enough in the secondary. We have THREE more than capable QBs. It comes down to line play. PERIOD. Look at the "weapons" SF has in their offense. Kittle? Yeah sure. Who else was a name before this season?? Nobody. Did you see the holes Mostert ran through on sunday!? This is football. Everything is won at the line. Retain what we can and invest in the line on both sides of the ball.

I agree with Twags14, this team has key playmakers with the exception of a #2. I have personally grown tired of the level of talent after CGM and think a real investment should be made at the position. Either free agency or the draft. After that, we need help on the line and focus on the defensive side of the ball.

The odds are good for getting a good WR this year. The depth is strong in the draft and there is also a few good players who could break free such as Breshad Perriman. After seeing how playoff teams were able to get after Drew, we need to sure up the OL. Defense is key as well though.

A break free type of WR is useless unless you can actually get the ball to them.

we have lethal weapons man. We bombed against the vikings because our guards couldnt help drew with his biggest weakness. We need a solid slot and our offense is set. Now we continuously need help on Defense man. we give up to many critical plays when it counts. it sucks.

It seems logical to me that two good pass rushing DE’s moved inside to go up against guards would give them fits. But it also seems logical to take advantage of that and let the guards maul them and run it down their throats.

Saints a WR away. Build defense.

Build that awful secondary and LBer Corp. I want to see a powerful defense not a bend but dont break.

Offseason mantra: “It’s the pass rush, stupid.” Don’t need great DBs if the pass rush can get there with just four. Key to Niners turnaround this year was the addition of Bosa and Dee Ford. They can play coverage with 7 all day long behind their front four.

Focus on No.2 Wide Receiver in the draft along with improving the O-line.

All I know...Saints need to draft guys who are ready to play. No project players. They need a dependable wr, offensive line help and a stud lb.

The thing that kills me about this season:

We went through all the trouble to change our offensive identity from 2017-2019 just to revert back to throwing it all over the field 70-30 run/pass ratio.

We had a great thing going, just needed to be able to commit to the run and take calculated shots downfield, move it down field, run the clock....win.

There's a reason we won 5 straight with Teddy:
1. We controlled the clock
2. We didn't turn the ball over
3. We ran the ball

Our guards weren't the problem. It was the play calling. When a defense moves their defensive ends inside you have to maul them and run right at them. I hate second guessing play calling because Payton is an offensive genius but Murray would of been lethal if we had stuck with him.

The Saints have invested a lot on defense and have to use UDFA to fill out the roster on offense with the notion that Payton thought he could find some gems at the WR position and tight end position but now is the time to actually add talent at TE and WR instead of hoping an UDFA can show enough to play role on offense for a low price.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom