Saints need to punt this Season. (1 Viewer)

50_Saint

"Da Enligtened One"
Reaction score
First of all, due to the crazy amount of injuries idc if there isn't empirical data that doesn't suggest the Greenbriar is not at fault, we do not need to go there anymore. Just bad juju.

Secondly, we need to shut it down for this year. Drew cannot and should not throw over 45 times a game, each game, this year. He wont have an arm left by the end of his ongoing extensions.

Third, we need to lose, gain a top 3 pick overall, hopefully drop down 2 spots and gain a boatload of extra picks, and then somehow still end up with Myles Garrett. Well in a perfect world thats what we should do.

Fourth, we honestly need to Les the SP coach and DL/LB coaches. We have never outside of the super bowl year got any true consistent production. Quite frankly I dont want Bill Johnson coaching Myles Garrett.

Fifth, (This is more la la land than anything) but if the third were to happen, we need to take LF7, trade away Mark Ingram, use all of our money in FA to solidify the OLine and CB's.

IT IS OKAY TO PUNT. No 0-3 Team has ever made the playoffs.

dEL6l.gif

Realistically, I only see 2 maybe 3 Wins on the schedule for the rest of the season. Saints will be picking in the top 5 next draft, but I don't trust them to make the pick.

We are doing a perfectly fine job of punting this season and losing without trying to do either. If youre lobbying for the Saints to tank this year, you don't need to lobby. Its happening without the stigma of tanking.

IT IS OKAY TO PUNT. No 0-3 Team has ever made the playoffs.

Here we go again.

Football teams don't tank. It's all in the imaginations of people who don't understand competition.

Everyone in the organization is committed to winning, from the water boy to Mr Benson. Coaches are judged on winning and losing seasons, and career wins and losses. So are players. Who wants to cause their own stock to tank? What coach wants their owner to fire them because they have too many losses? What coach wants to disgrace their players by losing to bad teams?

How does a coach even tell a player to lose? Does the coach try to lose without telling the players? By deliberately making stupid decisions? Ridiculous! The coach would have a mutiny on his hands for deliberately ruining his player's reputations.

Deliberately losing games is against NFL rules, and for a good reason. The disgrace and record factor are even more important.

Please, no more tanking talk, it's ridiculous.

Here we go again.

Football teams don't tank. It's all in the imaginations of people who don't understand competition.

Everyone in the organization is committed to winning from the water boy to Mr Benson. Coaches are judged on winning and losing seasons, and career wins and losses. So are players. Who wants their stock to tank? What coach wants their owner to fire them because they have too many losses? What coach wants to disgrace their players by losing to bad teams?

How does a coach even tell a player to lose? Does the coach try to lose without telling the players? By deliberately making stupid decisions? Ridiculous! The coach would have a mutiny on his hands for deliberately ruining his player's reputations.

Deliberately losing games is against NFL rules, and for a good reason. The disgrace and record factor are more important.

Please, no more tanking talk, it's ridiculous.

Ok so when Tampla pulled most of their starters while beating us handily in the final game what do you call that? I call that smart. Meanwhile Brees is celebrating like we won an important game.

Ok so when Tampla pulled most of their starters while beating us handily in the final game what do you call that? I call that smart. Meanwhile Brees is celebrating like we won an important game.

When was that? What coach was that? What was Tampa's record the following year?

Could it be that the coach wanted to give his young players a vote of confidence, or more game experience to evaluate who to keep?

Someone PM me when the Superbowl is over so I can start getting excited by the draft.

I was saying this the last three years maybe not to this extreme but Saints cant get right on the field or in the front office. Benson wont step in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could it be that the coach wanted to give his young players a vote of confidence, or more game experience to evaluate who to keep?

No they wanted Jameis Winston. All that other stuff is canon fodder for why they weren't tanking. But they lost that game because they wanted Winston.

Stop it man TB GAVE us that game battling the Titans for the rights to Winston-Mariota meanwhile winning the game for us moved us more places down and who did we pick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can still be competitive and find ways to lose.... on purpose.

Your really not suggesting folding like a cheap tent after 3 games. two games back with 13 to play and its quit time. This really isn't 2009 anymore is it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom