Saints need to see what they have in Blake Gillikin (1 Viewer)

His vintage power and hang time are MIA even in the mile high 😩
Watch his drop, he is punting with the nose down by design so the Broncos can't return it. Don't want to give up a cheap TD. There are different types of punts and it is called by the coaches.

Would Wil Lutz have the same type of punting strength as kicking?
It rockets off his leg.

I've thought hes punted fine today. No returns. I mean hes not as young as he used to be.

Watch his drop, he is punting with the nose down by design so the Broncos can't return it. Don't want to give up a cheap TD. There are different types of punts and it is called by the coaches.

Still feel like you would want hang time, not low liners like we saw a couple times

Still feel like you would want hang time, not low liners like we saw a couple times
Low liners would be getting returned, they aren't low. Just 35 yard nets with no return. We are even lining up in punt safe formations too. If he was drive punting and struggling it would be different.

Low liners would be getting returned, they aren't low. Just 35 yard nets with no return. We are even lining up in punt safe formations too. If he was drive punting and struggling it would be different.

Fair enough. I guess the concern is that he a few notches below the old Morstead and we’ve seen that most of the season.

He leads the league in fair catches. We also have the fewest return yards allowed. That lead will be even bigger after today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom