Saints need to see what they have in Blake Gillikin (1 Viewer)

I was talking to him at training camp. I asked him what’s more important distance or hang and he said neither. Direction is the most important and that is what the coach will call him to do. If he can still put the ball where Sean wants him to I think he’s fine.

We have a great coverage unit. I accept the possibility that it’s a coaching decision. Some other facts are that his average is down 5 yards and he’s near last in the league in that category. Shorter kicks will be fair caught more and again we have a great coverage unit. I love Morstead but he seems to have regressed a solid amount.

We have a great coverage unit. I accept the possibility that it’s a coaching decision. Some other facts are that his average is down 5 yards and he’s near last in the league in that category. Shorter kicks will be fair caught more and again we have a great coverage unit. I love Morstead but he seems to have regressed a solid amount.
We are giving up less than 3 punt return yards per game. Factor in penalties and opposing teams have negative punt return yards against us. Our punt game is performing better than perfect. That is credit to everyone involved from special teams coordinator to coverage unit, to long snapper and punter.

Also, he is among the lead leaders in punts inside 20 and only has 1 TB.

Now, if anyone wants to argue whether we can afford his contract moving forward it would be a fair question but it's kind of a moot point since he would be $2M dead money against the cap next season.

We are giving up less than 3 punt return yards per game. Factor in penalties and opposing teams have negative punt return yards against us. Our punt game is performing better than perfect. That is credit to everyone involved from special teams coordinator to coverage unit, to long snapper and punter.

Also, he is among the lead leaders in punts inside 20 and only has 1 TB.

Now, if anyone wants to argue whether we can afford his contract moving forward it would be a fair question but it's kind of a moot point since he would be $2M dead money against the cap next season.

so wouldn’t our net punter average be towards the top if that was all that mattered? Last year we were top 5, this year 19th going into this game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom