Saints need Woodson or Reed! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Just think about having 1 of these 2 in the Safety slot next season. I'm thinking Darren Sharper, PICK MAGNET, BALL HAWK all over again.

I would prefer Reed because I think he can bring more intangibles and PICKS to our defense.

Thoughts?

NEVER!!! They're both old and washed up!! We should really give Jenkins and Harper a pass for the last four years. They ummm just haven't uhhh yeah. Two pro bowlers who after last season can clearly still ball. Nahh this year they'll be too old.

We picked up Sharper very low. I doubt we overpay.

Here is what we need to do:

- trade Harper to the Titans; that is the only team that would probably take him.
- move Jenkins to Strong Safety
- put IsA Abdul-Quddus at Free Safety

*** You can't coach "Instincts"..... Harper & Jenkins doesn't possess "Instincts"

* The reason Gregg Williams defense was so successful during our SuperBowl run was because of Darren Sharper and his "InStincts".... :peace2:

Just think about having 1 of these 2 in the Safety slot next season. I'm thinking Darren Sharper, PICK MAGNET, BALL HAWK all over again.

I would prefer Reed because I think he can bring more intangibles and PICKS to our defense.

Thoughts?

Pick magnet? Ball hawk? More like old and older. You must have loved some of the coaches of the past. Guys like Bum Phillips who would bring in washed up players, or those near the end of their careers and hope they were able to get another year or two of success. The Saints got lucky with Sharper. By the beginning of 2010, his knees were shot.

I'm very sorry I ment to hit the green thumb. My finger hit the wrong one I'm very sorry and I deff agree with u.

I say either one would deff help our D. So anyone of them would be welcomed all we need is that leadership I'm watching the Saints and Atlana game now and our D had a leader in Sharper and Vilma. Now I'm also watching Big Remi Adoyle get chiped,double teamed, and stop the run and is always in the back field. I just finished watching the saints play New England and big Remi is the real Deal man I gotta say it when they line up in there 3/4 he's the nose tackle for us. And I'm also watching Will Smith slow self get pushed around like nothing. And he is very overrated and sucks against the run its like he's lost.

No one will trade for Harper. No one. We should all get that out of our heads. He has zero trade value.

Pick magnet? Ball hawk? More like old and older. You must have loved some of the coaches of the past. Guys like Bum Phillips who would bring in washed up players, or those near the end of their careers and hope they were able to get another year or two of success. The Saints got lucky with Sharper. By the beginning of 2010, his knees were shot.

Shot knees are still better than Jenkins instincts. Out of position and the worst angles I've ever seen from a safety.

At least you can cover up Harper's weekness, there's nothing you can do for Jenkins.

I would love to bring a younger player. Delmas would be an interesting choice, if he can stay healthy.

There are great options in the draft for us available, but if we are going to spend in free agency, safety and tight end are the ways to go because of salary scales. Cheapest positions to sign.

And where are we gonna find the money to sign either one of these guys...Im all for it but we will be lucky to find cap space to resign our major FA and draft picks...even if we let couple of overpaid starters walk and Loomis works his magic we still probably wont be able to afford any big money FA....

I would love to bring a younger player. Delmas would be an interesting choice, if he can stay healthy.

There are great options in the draft for us available, but if we are going to spend in free agency, safety and tight end are the ways to go because of salary scales. Cheapest positions to sign.

I'm a fan of signing either Delmas or Chung.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom