Saints new OT Foster is intriguing (1 Viewer)

jokerface

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The OT we signed to the practice squad today is a intriguing prospect. If he can fully recover from his previous ACL injury we might have something for next year.

"The St. Louis Rams cut former Atlanta Falcons offensive tackle Renardo Foster today, according to a league source. Foster, 24, is a 6-foot-7, 340-pound former All-Big East Conference lineman from Louisville
He started two games as a rookie with the Falcons in 2007 before tearing his anterior cruciate ligament. Foster held up against New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora and New Orleans Saints defensive end Will Smith as a rookie, not allowing any sacks."
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Rams-cut-RenardoFoster.html

Nice find. I tried to do a little research on him but didn't find much. I'm sure the scout team has had their eye on him for some time. I think the coaching staff has done a fine job of developing, not just the offensive line players we bring in, but also every position. I curious to see what becomes of this guy next season. He's definitely got some great size.

him in the suprdome...

Attachments

• foster.jpg
    foster.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 811
We might need his services sooner than we think!

We're down to our 3rd LT.......if Strief gets banged up.....there's no one left behind him...

if bushrod cant go...he will be activated for this sundays game

Didn't Umenyiora miss the entire NFL season last year???

His two starts where at the end of 07 when the Giants won the superbowl. I believe the his first start was against Umenyiora who a week before had 6 sacks against the eagles. Here is some more info I found on him.

4. Undrafted free agent Renardo Foster made a lot of NFL teams look silly for passing on him in April. The Falcons rookie got his first start at left tackle, thanks to an injury to Wayne Gandy, and performed admirably. Foster protected Harrington's blind side and did not give up a sack to Giants right end Osi Umenyiora, who leads the NFL with seven. Foster even got under the skin of one Giant in particular, Sam Madison, who ripped off Foster's helmet in frustration after a clean block at the tail end of Norwood's 67-yard TD run. Many general managers and directors of player personnel around the league will argue that, after quarterback, left tackle is the most important position on the field. To plug in an undrafted free agent and have him hold the NFL sack leader sackless is unheard of. Credit goes to Petrino, who coached him at Louisville, and Falcons GM Rich McKay for recognizing Foster's ability when no one else in the league did. Now, if only the rest of the Atlanta offensive line could pass protect ...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/dom_bonvissuto/10/16/giants.falcons/

him in the suprdome...

Holy SHXX! Foster has the same vertical jump as Falcons top receiver White!
6'7" 340lbs and 40" vertical, just waiting for confirmation that he can do back flips and I am going to start the official Renardo Foster is a beast thread.:worthy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom