Saints next few moves (1 Viewer)

Any chance Drew (and others) will restructure to help with this salary cap BS? If it wasn't abundantly clear, this team cannot succeed as it sits, and if these guys want to win, they'll have to spread the wealth to get better tallent. Is there any way around the cap?

IAQ is an excellent fit at FS in this scheme. Unlike Jenkins he actually has instincts and would excel in playing a deep zone. Covers up his issues in the run game and maximizes his coverage abilities as a safety.

Get ready for a complete over haul. IMO, there are only a few players that are safe: PRob, Cam Jordan, Galette, Hicks, and Lofton.

Can people plz stop with the Jenkins to corner back stuff. Use the search button then I bet you will never want him there after all those threads. He will be out starting FS bet on it. You saw how bad the 49ers safeties looked? Fix the pass rush and out secondary will look better. No body can cover all day long. How many times you saw QBs standing in the pocket not getting touched??

I would say get rid of Harper, move Jenkins to SS (he can cover TEs and play run support), and have IAQ start at FS (he has excellent ball hawking skills). Your safety postions are instantly upgraded.

" So I expect Ryan to go after a FS in free agency. Goldson or Ed Reed, "

Ryan won't go after anyone in free agency, instead it will be Loomis and Payton. He may have input, but that would be all.

The fact I'd be more confident with IAQ and Rafael Bush as our starting safety tandem speaks volumes about how I feel about Jenks and Harp.

I think Jenkins stays though, mainly because its the last year of his rookie deal, and his salary # isn't going to hamstring us... Harp on the other hand, is making way too much $$.

The fact I'd be more confident with IAQ and Rafael Bush as our starting safety tandem speaks volumes about how I feel about Jenks and Harp.

I think Jenkins stays though, mainly because its the last year of his rookie deal, and his salary # isn't going to hamstring us... Harp on the other hand, is making way too much $$.

No just speaks volume to how many people think they are coaches and know more that the people who are paid to be coaches. It's like going to the doctor and saying hey you gotta do this or that....

Hopefully. I love Vitt's presence on the staff but he has yet to draft and coach up a franchise linebacker. The ones we do get leave for another team where they excel or get stuck behind the free agents we get on an almost yearly basis. The defensive line has never been consistently dominant under Bill Johnson's watch. We need someone that can light a fire under them to at least live up to their potential.
Concur.

How did Jo-Lonn Dunbar not get more of a role?

We need to sign a free safety,and draft Mcdonald... Let harper walk and put jenkins back at cb.... Draft a top cb in to push greer, prob..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom