Saints next few moves (1 Viewer)

Harp and IAQ should be the starters, we need to draft a corner high now, he will have them playing man again which is their strength, but even so, I think M. Wilson and Cam Jordan are Ideal for Rob Ryans scheme The Rex Ryan Hybrid

but we probably need to take best player avail. in first between DT, DE, OLB and CB

would like to grab a WR in this draft because they are deep and we can get good value

Great post (that no one seemed to read). We have two of the 11 players mentioned from the 2011 draft. Cam Jordan at 3-4 DE and Tez Wilson at SILB or Ted.

However, I imagine that Lofton wil play SILB and Tez will play either the SOLB or the WILB. If they feel he's more of a pass rusher than an asset covering TE's them he'll play WILB. I think he can do either.

If they can't do anything right, why do they play?

So I guess it was all GW and Spag's fault that our defense was terrible then historically terrible over the last 2 seasons. We have 2 safeties that can't cover period. They get tackles because the are decent is run support and can't break up passes. They are part of the problem.

So I guess it was all GW and Spag's fault that our defense was terrible then historically terrible over the last 2 seasons. We have 2 safeties that can't cover period. They get tackles because the are decent is run support and can't break up passes. They are part of the problem.

Mmmn under Gregg Harper was a pro bowler and everyone was saints Jenkins was becoming an all pro plus we had a top 5 def

Harper's strengths are playing in the box and blitzing. Anybody who has ever watched a Ryan defense knows that they have their strong safety play in the box and blitz a lot (with some coverage responsibilities). If Harper had been a Bear between 1978 and 1982 Buddy's defense would have been named the "41." He's perfect for it. Rob plays it a bit differently but not by much. He just adapts it to his players and to today's game.

Jenkins and harpers jobs are safe

IAQ is a valuable reserve and he makes us very versatile in the secondary....but Harper and Jenkins are just better

Agreed. Maybe we see White working at safety in camp. I'm not one that minds bringing in some older guys on the cheap either.

harper is gone
Ill take that bet.. Harper is one of if not our best defender. noone else matches his intensity or even comes close he was poorly used in a terrible scheme with the last guy whose name I wont mention. If he is cut he'll go to a defense that allows him to knock folks out and rush the qb alot and upgrade that unit. his skill set is very unique for a ss he is one of the best in the game but has ZERO help from the front seven those guys need to get more physcal and not allow runners to roam as freely as they have been

Harper is much worse than many think he is. Cut him.

I think this defense is perfect for Harper. Ryan uses hi SS as a blitzer, up close in run support and occasional pass defense. He uses his FS either as deep cover or as a ballhawk cleanup position. Both of those Jenkins can do well. Also, if he takes and teaches as well as Ware and others say, he, along with others will get better.

Canton Legend, I think the part where you get things mixed up is the cost-efficiency aspect of it all. Is Harper better than IAQ? Sure, he probably is. However, is Harper at $8 million better than IAQ at $500k? Keep in mind that we are well over the cap and need to make serious cuts to get under the cap, and we still have to sign an LT to protect Brees, which will cost a lot of cheddar.

So, the question is this: is Harper 16 times better than IAQ? I think the answer is obviously no, and as such, I think he should be released (or try to trade him for a 6th round pick).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom