Saints not interested in talking up Super Bowl potential (1 Viewer)

• Admin
By John Sigler | Saintswire

The New Orleans Saints are on a roll. They’ve won 10 games straight, and are among the favorites to win this year’s Super Bowl. But Saints head coach Sean Payton has shut down any talk about taking that bait, explaining that there’s plenty of short-term goals for his team to dial in on:

“No, not at all, only because there is so much football here. It’s a division opponent. In our league, rivalry is not a good word for it. You have two teams that have a long, storied history of playing each other. They’ve been in what was the NFC West for a while, now it is the NFC South. We’ve always had good, competitive games, tough games. We’re way, way, way shorter-focused right now, rather than extended like that. And I think that that has served us well.

“Every week I hear someone say, ‘They’re getting ready for the tough stretch of their schedule. Shoot, all of these games are tough, starting with trips to Baltimore, trips to Minnesota, the Rams. The focus for us is the next game. We play a week from now. We will be on a normal week schedule. People ask about tickets. It’s always, ‘Text me the week of (I say).’ I couldn’t tell you who we play three weeks from now. That is the way it should be. We were focused on this game and now we will have to get ready to play a real good Dallas team who is playing well, who is really playing well in the last three weeks.”

Mark Ingram also downplayed that talk of Super Bowl aspirations in his postgame media availability: ...

Full Story - Saintswire - USA Today

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom