Saints Not Scary Good, But... (4 Viewers)

Yeah....after reading a bit.....it seems that you are not quite understanding the term "scary good". A "scary good" team is a team that when you look at their highlights, it seems like they have few or no weaknesses and they look like they can beat you in a multitude of ways. That team seems to adapt to what is in front of it and goes around or through the obstacle. Right now, the Saints offense is like the 2nd Terminator that was able to morph into whatever it wanted to and was still relentless and unstoppable. It just keeps coming and no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you simply can't stop it. This is what scary good means and this is exactly what the 2018 Saints are. They have a singular mission and they will keep coming until the mission is complete.

I think you don't understand what being "scary good" means.

Sure, I do. Or at least what it means to me.

To every fan base, they should be afraid that their team won't figure out how to beat the Saints. That might be scary for Panther fans, Falcon fans, Buc fans, and so on. Not me. I look forward to the games and my battle cry is, "Hulk Smash!!"

GO Saints!!

My point is the Saints are really good and I expect them to win. It doesn't scare me that they will win. And the more they win there is less fear that the saints will face a "must win" game. Must-win games are scary..

GO Saints!!
That's not what scary good means! We are not scared of our team winning, other teams are scared of playing us because we are that good.

Yeah....after reading a bit.....it seems that you are not quite understanding the term "scary good". A "scary good" team is a team that when you look at their highlights, it seems like they have few or no weaknesses and they look like they can beat you in a multitude of ways. That team seems to adapt to what is in front of it and goes around or through the obstacle. Right now, the Saints offense is like the 2nd Terminator that was able to morph into whatever it wanted to and was still relentless and unstoppable. It just keeps coming and no matter what you do, no matter how hard you try, you simply can't stop it. This is what scary good means and this is exactly what the 2018 Saints are. They have a singular mission and they will keep coming until the mission is complete.

Thanks for the definition/explanation. I could not have said it better.

The Terminator reference is classic and therein is my point. The Terminator was "relentless and unstoppable" and the ultimate tool of destruction, but Terminator fans were never scared to be fans of a terminator. So, my point is that the Saints were once "scary good" to me, then I realized that the Saints are the relentless and unstoppable force that I always wanted them to be. What am I scared of?

How other fan bases describe the Saints is their choice. The Who Dat Nation should not see this juggernaut as scary. There is just no stopping our run to the playoffs..

GO Saints!!

That's not what scary good means! We are not scared of our team winning, other teams are scared of playing us because we are that good.

"other teams are scared..."

Okay, I get that. But I'm not a fan of "other teams". And, if your team is on the Saint's schedule, then you should be scared that a bayou beat down is in your future.

GO Saints!!

Scary good does not apply to the home fans, it applies to the Saints opponents and their fans. Fans should not be scared of their own team and if they are their team sucks or their team doesn't win decisively.

Thanks for the definition/explanation. I could not have said it better.

The Terminator reference is classic and therein is my point. The Terminator was "relentless and unstoppable" and the ultimate tool of destruction, but Terminator fans were never scared to be fans of a terminator. So, my point is that the Saints were once "scary good" to me, then I realized that the Saints are the relentless and unstoppable force that I always wanted them to be. What am I scared of?

How other fan bases describe the Saints is their choice. The Who Dat Nation should not see this juggernaut as scary. There is just no stopping our run to the playoffs..

GO Saints!!
Sorry, but it’s probably best that you don’t use words you don’t understand . With that said: geaux Saints!!!!

Saints are legit terrifying to the NFL and they are ruining the Chiefs/Rams narrative. fact is, we have a HOF QB who has seen it all and a vindictive arrogant genius coach who is not afraid to throw down with the best teams. we go for it on fourth downs and perfectly execute trick plays and formations and generally make coaches sweat until the clock hits zero. Oh yeah we also punched this soft Rams team in the mouth.

Scary good does not apply to the home fans, it applies to the Saints opponents and their fans. Fans should not be scared of their own team and if they are their team sucks or their team doesn't win decisively.

Man, I get it.. The post said "I thought" the team was scary good, then the revelation came. Again, opponent fans may believe the Saints are "scary good". This fan likes everything about this team.

GO Saints!!

Scary good is only a term used to describe a higher level of good.

Ex. Damn, those Saints aren’t just good, they’re SCARY good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom