Saints Now At $16-$17 Million In Cap Space (1 Viewer)

So let's say we sign the draft picks and keep 5 mil aside for emergency signings during the season. We may be left with 8-10 million. Can we just decide to put5 million toward paying, for instance, Carr's prorated signing bonus? So his cap charge would be 7 million this season but we paid an extra 5 so we have relief. Like paying an extra mortgage payment. Or do we just roll the 10 million over have an extra 10 next year. Is that question confusing. It feels like it was confusing but in my head it makes sense.

I think we may be done till after the draft, then we can sign anyone and not effect those Comp picks. Loomis has hopefully realized that those compensatory picks do matter, should have never signed Dalton that early last year.

I think we may be done till after the draft, then we can sign anyone and not effect those Comp picks. Loomis has hopefully realized that those compensatory picks do matter, should have never signed Dalton that early last year.
Can’t see us not addressing edge rusher before the draft and depending on day 2 rookie for depth. I think we’ll get either Clark, Floyd or Ngakoue on a one or two year deal.

So let's say we sign the draft picks and keep 5 mil aside for emergency signings during the season. We may be left with 8-10 million. Can we just decide to put5 million toward paying, for instance, Carr's prorated signing bonus? So his cap charge would be 7 million this season but we paid an extra 5 so we have relief. Like paying an extra mortgage payment. Or do we just roll the 10 million over have an extra 10 next year. Is that question confusing. It feels like it was confusing but in my head it makes sense.
You can rollover unused cap space to the following year, which would help to cover any cap charges that may come up in 2024 (prorated bonuses or otherwise).

You can rollover unused cap space to the following year, which would help to cover any cap charges that may come up in 2024 (prorated bonuses or otherwise).
Do you really think Loomis would do that? Not Mickey, no way. He's spending until the cows come home. Buy Mickey Buy, not my checkbook so I'm good if he spends it all. He will make this team better.

Do you really think Loomis would do that? Not Mickey, no way. He's spending until the cows come home. Buy Mickey Buy, not my checkbook so I'm good if he spends it all. He will make this team better.
It wouldn’t be without precedent. He rolled over $6m from 2016 to 2017 and rolled over $4m from 2020 to 2021.

I don’t think he would restructure contracts in 2023 intending to roll cap dollars over to 2024, but if he cleared space for a player he wanted and that player is no longer available, some of that money could roll over.

We have 22M in death cap in 2023. Jordan, Peat, and Winston will cost 47M in dead cap in 2024. We have no clue about MT’s number, but the two cap sites put it between 18-22M. That would be 67M dead cap and 30% of the 2024 cap. That’s real close to the Falcons in ‘22 but without getting picks for aging players.

Dead cap is different than what we been up against.

We have 22M in death cap in 2023. Jordan, Peat, and Winston will cost 47M in dead cap in 2024. We have no clue about MT’s number, but the two cap sites put it between 18-22M. That would be 67M dead cap and 30% of the 2024 cap. That’s real close to the Falcons in ‘22 but without getting picks for aging players.

Dead cap is different than what we been up against.
That’s a Loomis problem for when he gets to that bridge

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom