Saints offensive snap counts against Patriots (1 Viewer)

mrwhodat

Saintiac
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting, thanks for the link.

Can anybody speak to Landon Turner's play last night? I didn't realize he played that many snaps and I didn't notice how he played.

Can anybody speak to Landon Turner's play last night? I didn't realize he played that many snaps and I didn't notice how he played.

I watched him pretty closely. He's been the guy I want to make the team most out of the UDFA s. He didn't disappoint. He only played with the 3s but he was an absolute wall in pass protect. If you noticed, Luke didn't have a lot of pressure from the middle right, it was mostly the outside tackles getting beaten. He did everything I saw him do in his college game film videos on YouTube.

I couldn't really see much of his run blocking, though. When we ran dives up the middle he was pushing his 1v1 blocks to the second level. However, I did notice some times when he couldn't move to handle a d line twist, or he kinda clumsily ran into another o lineman.

He's got work to do, definitely, but he was by far the best lineman working with the 3s last night and I hope to see him start getting some reps with the 2s.

Not noticing him isn't a bad thing. Means he didn't obviously get beat bad which is more likely at this point than him absolutely mauling someone. I think if linemen do their job then they are good without being obviously noticed.

I watched him pretty closely. He's been the guy I want to make the team most out of the UDFA s. He didn't disappoint. He only played with the 3s but he was an absolute wall in pass protect. If you noticed, Luke didn't have a lot of pressure from the middle right, it was mostly the outside tackles getting beaten. He did everything I saw him do in his college game film videos on YouTube.

I couldn't really see much of his run blocking, though. When we ran dives up the middle he was pushing his 1v1 blocks to the second level. However, I did notice some times when he couldn't move to handle a d line twist, or he kinda clumsily ran into another o lineman.

He's got work to do, definitely, but he was by far the best lineman working with the 3s last night and I hope to see him start getting some reps with the 2s.

Glad to hear it. He was one of the guys I was hoping would compete for a guard spot. We sorely need improvement in that area.

I thought he played well. But it was against 3rd stringers. I want to see him get snaps against defenders who might make another team's 53.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom