Saints OL Andrus Peat’s struggles at tackle (1 Viewer)

Like, let's really think about this. None of the beat writers with the "inside scoop" have had anything negative about Peat. The coaches in interviews have been high on Peat. I think people are freaking out over Peat when we should be more concerned about the fact other than LT and C, no one has really cemented themselves well enough that the staff is confident enough to focus Peat on one primary position. Peat is their "flex" guy, the lineman they trust to man either RG, LG, or RT. It is just depending on the other players to "make a claim" before they know exactly where Peat will be needed.

Just curious when have you ever heard a beat writer say anything negative about a high draft pick.

This is the season for Peat to shine if he doesn't, it won't be time to write him off, its just very likely he will live up to the hype that we expected with the 13th overall pick. This is not saying that he is a bust because he can still be a very average Lineman.

I didn't like the pick when we made it, but he is a Saint now and we need him to raise to the occasion, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but time is running out.

don't compare Wille Roaf the greatest LT in history in my opinion, to Peat

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 141
Parker hasn't been lighting it up either. Besides had we drafted Parker we probably wouldn't have drafted Micheal Thomas this year and Thomas is better than Parker, I'm just saying.

So he's not lighting it up but he out performed our #1 receiver in the few games he played in as a ROOKIE, but yet Michael Thomas who has yet to play a snap in the nfl is already better? Love your logic there.....

Good grief man, the kid is only 22 years old, and has not even settled into a permanent position yet.

And there is problem 1b...Payton won't let him settle into a single position. Problem 1a is that he can't beat out Strief.

:jpshakehead:
Nice sample size, wouldn't be surprised Parker gets 445 rec yards in 16 games next year to be honest. The dolphins are on nice streak of dumpster fire like seasons. Secondly he's not even solidified as the #1 receiver on his own team. Landry gets the double coverage and still balls out.

Are you basing this on stats from last year? Parker will be the No 1 WR for Miami this year if he stays healthy. Their dumpster fire should be at an end and they might even contend for the division this year.

You are looking at Miami as a Saints fan that sees their past few seasons as bad and they wont improve.
Go ask Miami fans or any other fans, what they think of our chances this year and see if they share the same optimism you do about our team. I bet they dont.

Hence the "drunkard" portion of his name...

:hihi:

Lol, only problem is the stats back me up....

And this coming from the guy that thought Kenny stills was one of the greatest 5th round picks in nfl history.... You might want to put the bottle down or pipe.....to each his own....

I can pull it up if your recollection is fuzzy....

Are you basing this on stats from last year? Parker will be the No 1 WR for Miami this year if he stays healthy. Their dumpster fire should be at an end and they might even contend for the division this year.

You are looking at Miami as a Saints fan that sees their past few seasons as bad and they wont improve.
Go ask Miami fans or any other fans, what they think of our chances this year and see if they share the same optimism you do about our team. I bet they dont.

Wasting your time buddy, if you not looking at everything with black & gold goggles on.... They won't be on your side until we are on our way to a losing record and out of the playoff hunt then it's time for 'fill in the blank' to be held accountable....

And to answer your questions, I have friends in other states and fans of other teams and they don't think we going anywhere fast because our defense is an absolute joke. Not saying that's right or wrong just the perception of our team.

The Saints aren't doing him any favors by moving him all over both sides of the line. I don't know how they expect a young lineman to develop any consistency when they cannot make up their minds where they want him to play.

For comparison, Atlanta's Matthews had a disastrous first year at LT. Rather than try to slide him all over the place, they kept him at his natural position and he had a much improved second year, with the expectation that be become one of the better LT's in the league this year.

Have you considered they are moving him all over the place in order to hope he sticks somewhere adequate to justify the high price tag? The sooner you come to grips with Peat isn't going to live up to #13 pick expectations, the easier it is to move on. Our front office can't draft well, accept it.

Lol, only problem is the stats back me up....

And this coming from the guy that thought Kenny stills was one of the greatest 5th round picks in nfl history.... You might want to put the bottle down or pipe.....to each his own....

I can pull it up if your recollection is fuzzy....

Well I still stand by my opinion, so that's no issue for me. As for "the stats backing you up", which stats would they be? Height and weight? Because those are the only numbers where Parker bests Cooks. Shoot, take Cooks' rookie year for comparison's sake. He still betters Parker and in fewer games played.

Brandin Cooks NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

DeVante Parker NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

If you want to take it to Miami's real number one receiver, the numbers get much more comparable. Jarvis Landry and Cooks are essentially even statistically speaking. The only real separation exists in touchdowns and targets, where Landry had thirty-seven more targets, but still caught five fewer touchdowns.

Jarvis Landry NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

But you did qualify your comment with the "in the few games he played" disclaimer, so lets look at that. Parker didn't consistently see the field until week ten. Here's the apples to apples statistics to properly compare the same games between the two players.

Cooks (weeks 10-15):
51 targets
34 catches
513 yards
5 touchdowns
65% catch/target ratio
15.1 yards per reception

Parker (weeks 10-15):
42 targets
22 catches
445 yards
3 touchdowns
55% catch/target ratio
19 yards per reception

The stats simply don't bear out your assertion.

Our front office can't draft well, accept it.

They have drafted better than the majority of the other NFL franchises consistently for a decade. Yes, they've missed on more than they hit, but so has every other team in the league, and most at a higher rate than New Orleans. There is simply no basis for this assertion other than your own depressingly negative fallacy.

Well I still stand by my opinion, so that's no issue for me. As for "the stats backing you up", which stats would they be? Height and weight? Because those are the only numbers where Parker bests Cooks. Shoot, take Cooks' rookie year for comparison's sake. He still betters Parker and in fewer games played.

Brandin Cooks NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

DeVante Parker NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

If you want to take it to Miami's real number one receiver, the numbers get much more comparable. Jarvis Landry and Cooks are essentially even statistically speaking. The only real separation exists in touchdowns and targets, where Landry had thirty-seven more targets, but still caught five fewer touchdowns.

Jarvis Landry NFL Football Statistics | Pro-Football-Reference.com

But you did qualify your comment with the "in the few games he played" disclaimer, so lets look at that. Parker didn't consistently see the field until week ten. Here's the apples to apples statistics to properly compare the same games between the two players.

Cooks (weeks 10-15):
51 targets
34 catches
513 yards
5 touchdowns
65% catch/target ratio
15.1 yards per reception

Parker (weeks 10-15):
42 targets
22 catches
445 yards
3 touchdowns
55% catch/target ratio
19 yards per reception

The stats simply don't bear out your assertion.

First off Weeks 10-15? Isn't there 17 weeks in a season, 16 games played?

I'm not sure what math your using but your numbers for Parker are correct, the last six games he played in he totaled 445 with 3 touchdowns, a rookie coming off an injury in his first games being played. We agree on that.

Cooks in the same time frame, the last six games of the season :
Texans 35 yards 0 touchdowns
Panthers 104 yards 1 touchdown
Bucs 29 yards 0 touchdowns
Lions 124 yards 1 touchdown
Jags 123 yards 1 touchdown
Falcons 22 yards 0 touchdowns

I did go to public school but I come up with 437 yards 3 touchdowns, like I stated earlier in the thread. Parker had 445 yards 3 touchdowns. I'm no Einstein but I'm pretty sure in 1st grade math 445 with 3 touchdowns is more than 437 with 3 touchdowns.....

So like I said earlier, in the last six games that they both played in at the end of the season Parker put up better numbers, so YES the stats do back me up....

And to add to my disclaimer, I'm not saying Parker is a better receiver than Cooks, never said it or typed it, was just reacting to someone that stated he hadn't done anything in the nfl. I simply proved that he outplayed our #1 receiver the last six games of the season. He's a completely different type of receiver and would have complemented Cooks perfectly on our team.

First off Weeks 10-15? Isn't there 16 weeks in a season?

I'm not sure what math your using but your numbers for Parker are correct, the last six games he played in he totaled 445 with 3 touchdowns, a rookie coming off an injury in his first games being played.

Cooks in the same time frame, the last six games of the season :
Texans 35 yards 0 touchdowns
Panthers 104 yards 1 touchdown
Bucs 29 yards 0 touchdowns
Lions 124 yards 1 touchdown
Jags 123 yards 1 touchdown
Falcons 22 yards 0 touchdowns

I did go to public school but I come up with 437 yards 3 touchdowns like I stated earlier. Parker had 445 yards 3 touchdowns. I'm no Einstein but I'm pretty sure in 1st grade math 445 with 3 touchdowns is more than 437 with 3 touchdowns.....

So like I said earlier, in the last six games that they both played in at the end of the season Parker put up better numbers, so YES the stats do back me up....

What stats exactly back you up? Parker did not play in week 16, so the comparable range would be weeks 10-15. Unless you want to include weeks two (1 catch for 3 yards) and week three (3 catches for 46). Cooks went 12 catches for 141 yards with a touchdown in those two, just fyi.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom