Saints OL Andrus Peat’s struggles at tackle (1 Viewer)

I just hope that jockeying this guy around does not hurt his long-term performance.

I hate it when the coaches play a man outside of position. That was the doom of Haslett - trying to put square pegs into round holes.

I'm going with this for the time being. :hihi:

Hey, even Willie Roaf didn't start out at LT, he spent his rookie year at RT before settling in the next year at LT for a good spell.

On the other hand, it does remain a little disappointing that we had a no. 13 pick in the 2015 draft and we're still not sure he'll be a top-performing starter in 2016. You've simply got to his for enough value on those picks over a stretch of years to compete for a title. And that's not on Peat, it's on the guys picking.

Like, let's really think about this. None of the beat writers with the "inside scoop" have had anything negative about Peat. The coaches in interviews have been high on Peat. I think people are freaking out over Peat when we should be more concerned about the fact other than LT and C, no one has really cemented themselves well enough that the staff is confident enough to focus Peat on one primary position. Peat is their "flex" guy, the lineman they trust to man either RG, LG, or RT. It is just depending on the other players to "make a claim" before they know exactly where Peat will be needed.

Like, let's really think about this. None of the beat writers with the "inside scoop" have had anything negative about Peat. The coaches in interviews have been high on Peat. I think people are freaking out over Peat when we should be more concerned about the fact other than LT and C, no one has really cemented themselves well enough that the staff is confident enough to focus Peat on one primary position. Peat is their "flex" guy, the lineman they trust to man either RG, LG, or RT. It is just depending on the other players to "make a claim" before they know exactly where Peat will be needed.

Good post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's too hard to judge because it's one game. I don't like moving Peat all over, and I don't like him playing Guard. It's a coin flip that our starting tackles make it through 16+ games Peats preparation should be for that and the future not wasting time at Guard.

At least wait until Davonte Parker has done something in the league to make that statement.

Brandin cooks last six games of 2015 - 437 yards receiving

Devante Parker last six games of 2025 - 445 yards receiving

Not sure you realize the man was injured all season except the last six games he played in and he out performed our #1 receiver. Meanwhike our top 15 pick can't beat out journeyman or udfa guards or an over the hill vet at rt. So anything else?

I just hope that jockeying this guy around does not hurt his long-term performance.

I hate it when the coaches play a man outside of position. That was the doom of Haslett - trying to put square pegs into round holes.

Agreed it does not help with player development . If we wanted a guard draft a guard don't draft a tackle in the 1st round and then play him in 3 different positions. I really would love to know the reasoning besides they have confidence in his ability. I hope they settle in on a spot for him so he can concentrate on one set of responsibilities and techniques. This happens to players and you can lose them and they go to another team and flourish.

Not sure you realize the man was injured all season except the last six games he played in and he out performed our #1 receiver. Meanwhike our top 15 pick can't beat out journeyman or udfa guards or an over the hill vet at rt. So anything else?

Damn last six games in 2025.Dude must have a time machine or hyperbolic chamber.

Also, Devante Parker apparently has a time machine, which is pretty cool.

:jpshakehead:
Nice sample size, wouldn't be surprised Parker gets 445 rec yards in 16 games next year to be honest. The dolphins are on nice streak of dumpster fire like seasons. Secondly he's not even solidified as the #1 receiver on his own team. Landry gets the double coverage and still balls out. Lastly, Peat has the ability to play any position on the OLine, we are trying to find what we have in our competition at Guard and we will start Peat wherever we need a starter. He has that ability. It's not his fault that we haven't cemented him at RT/LT/G.

So we blew a top tier pick on a guard? Or RT at best when you can fill that spot easy in the later rounds? Said it at the time we should have drafted Davonte Parker

Parker hasn't been lighting it up either. Besides had we drafted Parker we probably wouldn't have drafted Micheal Thomas this year and Thomas is better than Parker, I'm just saying.

Not to sound like a jerk, but you are wasting your money. There are posters here who can give better insight on player evaluations than anyone on pff. The trouble is figuring out who to trust and who you cant

Imo peat will be fine. He's a starting guard and backup at both tackles. It's vital for him to get playing time at both positions

Not to sound like a jerk, but you are wasting your money. There are posters here who can give better insight on player evaluations than anyone on pff. The trouble is figuring out who to trust and who you cant

Imo peat will be fine. He's a starting guard and backup at both tackles. It's vital for him to get playing time at both positions
Paid $10 for just the fantasy portion

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Wasted draft picks, even worse FA pickups plus injury bug. A chance there is always next season. And I am telling you, I can't wait for next season ! Jeez a chance I am not depressed...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom