Saints OL Grades vs Steelers (1 Viewer)

TBK

Pro-Bowler
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Good afternoon Saints Report! I've continued my charting of the Saints OL this week and found some things that may surprise you. Or maybe confirm your own suspicions.

You can read my full article here.

Thanks for reading!

Why is Peat on there twice?

67.3 Grade and a 61 grade

Last edited:
It sure looks to me like the team is going to try to sneak Turner onto the PS instead of putting him on the 53 man roster. He has looked solid over three preseason games and yet has been given no shot at moving up against better competition. Knowing Payton's reluctance to play rookies over veterans I'm guessing they want Turner on the PS to gain experience. Ready to be called up in case of injury.

If that's their plan, good luck. Belichick and his staff have seen him. My guess is he'll be on a plane bound for Boston the second he clears waivers.

It sure looks me like the team is going to try to sneak Turner onto the PS instead of putting him on the 53 man roster. He has looked solid over three preseason games and yet has been given no shot at moving up against better competition. Knowing Payton's reluctance to play rookies over veterans I'm guessing they want Turner on the PS to gain experience. Ready to be called up in case of injury.

If that's their plan, good luck. Belichick and his staff have seen him. My guess is he'll be on a plane bound for Boston the second he clears waivers.

I really feel that Landon Turner is going to start at Guard at some point not go to the PS these grades show what myself and several other posters have seen , the kid can play !

Nice breakdown. Landon Turner has been getting better with each passing week. Hopefully we can keep him and he can work his way into the starting lineup in the future.

What surprises me the most is John Fullington. I had my suspicions that the CBA has crushed the ability to coach shortening the technique time of practice considerably. But my speculation appears to be wrong.

When I watched at camp, Fullington was notable for how often he struggled in the technique and 1-on-1 drills. He was pulled aside multiple times, shown proper technique and instructed to repeat the drill. Coming out of camp I figured he would be on the list of this weeks cuts.

I have a hard time imaging that with limited reps somebody could actually improve enough to make the team. If he is really doing that well I will be impressed because that has to be all position coaching.

If he clears waivers that means nobody picked him up and he is a free agent. He can go home or PS ...most likely to the Saints PS.

If Pats or anybody else decide to grab him from waivers they must put him on their 53 man active roster for at least 3 weeks and guarantee his first year salary too.

Whichever OG guys we cut will not likely be placed on an active roster.

they only gave Eulls 11 snaps in 3 games. either he was not ready or the saints didn't want other teams to see much of him. Hope he can get back on the practice squad

What this doesn't account for is the competition. One would expect Turner to do much better against 3rd stringers. What we don't know is how he would do against 1st stringers. The coaches should know since they see how he does against our 1st vs our 3rd stringers. That suggests that he isn't doing well against 1st stringers. I know it would be tough, because our 2nd and 3rd stringers don't get to play very much against the 1st stringers in games, but these charts would be much more useful if they could chart apples to apples somehow.

It sure looks to me like the team is going to try to sneak Turner onto the PS instead of putting him on the 53 man roster. He has looked solid over three preseason games and yet has been given no shot at moving up against better competition. Knowing Payton's reluctance to play rookies over veterans I'm guessing they want Turner on the PS to gain experience. Ready to be called up in case of injury.

At this point in time I have to think he is on the active 53

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom