Saints on NFL Network (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I set my DVR to record the game on NFL network and watched the game on fox. I did that because the guide on Charter didn't have the game listed on Fox8. Low and behold I get up to watch it this morning and no Saints on NFL network here in Covington, they had show about Sean Taylor? Did I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that the game was blacked out on NFL Network in the Pats and Saints local markets.

Be glad you didn't have to watch the NFL network version... it was the Pats broadcast team, which just blowed the whole night!

You missed the incessant commentary on the Patriots. To be fair, they were Patriots announcers. Preseason announcers are generally awful and make almost zero effort to say anything about the opposing team. For example, I knew nothing about Anthony's injury until reading about it here this morning. The classic case, though, was the preseason game when Chris Ivory took a pass for a long touchdown while the sideline reporter continued to interview Antonio Gates.

Be glad you didn't have to watch the NFL network version... it was the Pats broadcast team, which just blowed the whole night!

With the way they consistently ignored naming most Saints who made a tackle or a catch, the Saints could've worn jerseys without numbers or names on them.

I had to use binoculars while watching the game on TV.

The announcers thought Drew was playing well into the 2nd quarter. It was beyond painful to watch.

Yeah, starting about an hour before the game, NFLN had a scrolling banner at the top of the screen warning viewers in the local Saints markets that they can't show the game on that channel and that they'd be playing "A Football Life." Guess that didn't really help the DVR crowd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom