Saints on pace to threaten the modern day record for points scored in a season (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
2013 Broncos scored 606

We are on pace for 605.

Should have scored that last TD.

What's even more amazing is they're doing this with a dreadful head coach.

2013 Broncos scored 606

We are on pace for 605.

Should have scored that last TD.
The two highest scoring teams in history were shut down in the Super Bowl. The Brady/Randy Moss Patriots and the 2013 Broncos. The Saints need to stay level headed and continue to work hard.

We keep comparing this team to 2011 but I’m seriously starting to wonder where this O ranks among all time offenses. Can’t think of many I’d put above

I would not take any of Brady or Warner’s offenses over it. Colts with Edge, Harrison and Wayne? Close but edge Drew there for me

We keep comparing this team to 2011 but I’m seriously starting to wonder where this O ranks among all time offenses. Can’t think of many I’d put above

I would not take any of Brady or Warner’s offenses over it. Colts with Edge, Harrison and Wayne? Close but edge Drew there for me
This is the best offense ever and the stats show it isn't really even that close.

That vaunted 2013 Broncos offense ran no-huddle offense. In other words, they simply created more plays in the game, it also creates more plays for opposing teams against them. It's no surprise when they score more points. So yeah, they scored more points than any team in history. They also averaged 2.98 offensive points per drive. This Saints team is absolutely obliterating that number. This team is scoring 3.82 points per drive, an astronomical number. I can't possibly begin to explain how exceptional this is. They are the only team in the NFL over 3 points per drive this season. The best any team has ever done is 3.37 points per drive by the 2007 Patriots and we're a full half point per drive better than that. I wish I the time to put make a chart with the top 5 teams of all time, the Saints would be this giant spike on the graph. This teams ability to control the ball with long time consuming drives protects the defense but it also "hurts" it's chances at some of the all time offense records since we end up with less drives.

What makes this team so incredible is because it can beat you every single way imaginable. They have no weakness and they have depth at every position.

With a 3 game road trip. Plus, the Steelers... Hard to see us get the 38 ppg to do it.

This is the best offense ever and the stats show it isn't really even that close.

That vaunted 2013 Broncos offense ran no-huddle offense. In other words, they simply created more plays in the game, it also creates more plays for opposing teams against them. It's no surprise when they score more points. So yeah, they scored more points than any team in history. They also averaged 2.98 offensive points per drive. This Saints team is absolutely obliterating that number. This team is scoring 3.82 points per drive, an astronomical number. I can't possibly begin to explain how exceptional this is. They are the only team in the NFL over 3 points per drive this season. The best any team has ever done is 3.37 points per drive by the 2007 Patriots and we're a full half point per drive better than that. I wish I the time to put make a chart with the top 5 teams of all time, the Saints would be this giant spike on the graph. This teams ability to control the ball with long time consuming drives protects the defense but it also "hurts" it's chances at some of the all time offense records since we end up with less drives.

What makes this team so incredible is because it can beat you every single way imaginable. They have no weakness and they have depth at every position.

Wow, great info! Thx for posting

I'm down with saying this is the best offense in NFL history.

To go with your narrative, the Saints are also on record pace for the % of drives we score on (well over 60% now).

The 2007 Patriots Offense was the greatest ever simply because they scored a Touchdown on more than 50% of their drives and also had the fewest drives of any team in the league that year. Absolutely ridiculous. And they broke records for points scored?

It reminds me of the 90s Cowboys offenses, too. They were so good killing clock and scoring TDs that they had the number one defense in 92. The Saints this year are absolutely doing a ton of favors for the defense. When we open these games with 15 play, 8 minute drives. Its so hard for the other team to come back from it knowing they have to be just as good as the team that just did that to their top ranked defense.

The 2007 Patriots Offense was the greatest ever simply because they scored a Touchdown on more than 50% of their drives and also had the fewest drives of any team in the league that year. Absolutely ridiculous. And they broke records for points scored?

It reminds me of the 90s Cowboys offenses, too. They were so good killing clock and scoring TDs that they had the number one defense in 92. The Saints this year are absolutely doing a ton of favors for the defense. When we open these games with 15 play, 8 minute drives. Its so hard for the other team to come back from it knowing they have to be just as good as the team that just did that to their top ranked defense.

But again... We know that at least 6 of their games came against the Dolphins... Bills... And Jets. No clue who else they played that season but I do know that aside from the Bengals we have played some decent teams these last 5 or 6 weeks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom