Saints on sunday night????? (1 Viewer)

Jake

Banned
Reaction score
It's looking more and more like the Carolina game on New Year's eve is going to be huge and may mean our whole season! I am thinking that it may end up being a night game. Does anyone with more time on their hands see a more likely candidate for that night spot?

Will they make it a flex game if Carolina is already out of it? That's what I would like to see happen over the next 4 weeks. The Panthers, 5-8, cooked and served.

I believe the last game in the season can't be changed. Not 100% but I think I read it somewhere.

nevermind I just looked it up. It's week 16 that can't changed because it's the holidays

It's looking more and more like the Carolina game on New Year's eve is going to be huge and may mean our whole season! I am thinking that it may end up being a night game. Does anyone with more time on their hands see a more likely candidate for that night spot?

Other options might be:

Atlanta @ Philly
Jax @ KC
St. Louis @ Minny

But, if things continue as they are, the Carolina game seems most likely with the Atlanta/Philly game coming up second, IMHO. A lot will depend on how the wild card races look by that weekend. Still a lot of football to be played...

Also if the Saints are far enough in the Division lead (yes, wishful thinking - sorry) that Payton decides to rest his starters, that game might not be much fun to watch.

I hope not, I have no intention of being in NEw Orleans for new years. Go to the game and get out before it gets nuts.

Week 14 is another possibility when we play in Dallas.

I think that one has a real possibility. They won't flex Denver at San Diego again so soon after just doing SD at Den this week. That really only leaves (IMHO) these as the potential games to flex:

Balt at KC
Indy at Jax
Giants at Car
Saints at Dal

I think that one has a real possibility. They won't flex Denver at San Diego again so soon after just doing SD at Den this week. That really only leaves (IMHO) these as the potential games to flex:

Balt at KC
Indy at Jax
Giants at Car
Saints at Dal

Indy at Jax might be as big a game in week 14 as Carolina at NO in week 17, though. Major divisional rivals with the addition of Jax playing for a playoff spot and maybe the undefeated aspect of Indy. It would seem to me that this game is the most likely that week. But who knows?

Now I may be wrong, but I believe that Fox and CBS can protect one game each week. Hence, if that is the biggest game, then it might get protected. That said, I dont know how Chicago-NYG wasnt protected, so I question my own belief.

That would be sweet. I just bought my ticks to that game, and a Sunday night change would give me a little more bang for my buck. Plus I wouldn't have to wait around quite so long for the NYE partying in the quarter!

Dre, my understanding is that they can each protect 4 games, preseason. Which means if they have not already selected that game, they cannot now protect it. Someone correct me if I am misinformed.

at the advisory board meeting just held, this was asked of mgmt. we were told the saints are being "saved" for a night game (reason none of our others have been bumped to nights so far). if you keep an eye on what other teams we have scheduled, and any of those get bumped to a night time game, does that not rule out that game with us getting bumped? i reserved a room for new years eve a month ago (no insider info here) on the strong possibility that that will be the game. that, or the giants game.

at the advisory board meeting just held, this was asked of mgmt. we were told the saints are being "saved" for a night game (reason none of our others have been bumped to nights so far). if you keep an eye on what other teams we have scheduled, and any of those get bumped to a night time game, does that not rule out that game with us getting bumped? i reserved a room for new years eve a month ago (no insider info here) on the strong possibility that that will be the game. that, or the giants game.

wow, much more interesting response than i thought i would get

I hope they move it to a night game, because I'm coming in for that game. A night game on NYE would be incredible.

It would certainly make sense.

Way I figure it, NBC probably wants to have their crew in New Orleans. Of the remaining home games that can get moved (Wash, SF, Car) it is the only real palatable one.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Atlanta or Dallas road games get moved as well....most likely Dallas...they love exposing T.O....you've got Payton playing his old boss...plus the Battle of America's Teams angle

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom