Saints on Thanksgiving? (1 Viewer)

Whoaaaaa.... Interesting....

I hate to be the one to say I hope so.... But I do....

Joe

There are 20% chance that the Saints will play that day. Of Dallas 8 home games, Detroit and the 2AFC games are not possible.

That leaves the Saints, Bears and the 3 NFC East teams as the choice.

I don't think we will. Thanksgiving is already a guaranteed huge ratings draw, why not save the DAL/NO game for another less popular prime time slot? I am thinking another Saturday Night or Sunday Night game late season.

Looking at the Cowboys past history, I think the Redskins will be the team that play Dallas. Detroit will host either New England or New York Jets that day. There will also be a 3rd night game that day.

I ain't gonna lie. On some Thanksgivings after shoving my face, I have watched the Thanksgiving games thinking, '' I wish the Saints were playing, this game sucks ***.)

:idunno:

Talk about a holiday season for sure...

On a marketing note... Can you imagine a battle for being America's team on a National Holiday... That might draw some real huge ratings...

Joe

I think it's time. Have the Saints ever played on that day in their existence? Then agian, Jerry don't want no tough, non-division competition on turkey day.

This will probably never happen, but how interesting would it be if the Saints played at the Superdome on TG in a night game against a team like Pittsburgh or Minnesota. A NFC Championship rematch would be a huge ratings draw, especially if we were both going in undefeated.
That could certainly sell nationally and it's something that will be generating huge interest anyway, especially if Brett Favre comes back next season.

Only the Saints and Bengals have never played on Thanksgiving as franchises older than 30 years.

The rest are the Ravens (played on TG as the Colts), Jaguars, Texans (played as the Oilers), and Panthers.

St. Louis played as the Cardinals, and the Rams while in L.A., but never as the St. Louis Rams.

This will probably never happen, but how interesting would it be if the Saints played at the Superdome on TG in a night game against a team like Pittsburgh or Minnesota. A NFC Championship rematch would be a huge ratings draw, especially if we were both going in undefeated.
That could certainly sell nationally and it's something that will be generating huge interest anyway, especially if Brett Favre comes back next season.

what and waste it on the NFL Network?

no thanks.

i never want to see a good saints team ever play again on NFL Network

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom