saints on the clock... (1 Viewer)

So if Moore is a slot WR, who is our other starting WR besides Colston?

I've been making this point for weeks. We have an issue brewing at WR.

If they had to play today, probably Morgan. However they don't have to play today. Also, Graham and Sproles play out wide some in our sets. I don't think Austin is a consistent outside receiver.

Where've u been for the last few years? We rotate our receivers like clockwork. We have one of THEE best play callers in the game. He'll find something to do with him. No ones askin him to be on the field on every single play. But if I must take out the pen and pad for you.

shotgun.png

images

Gun-TE-Trips-Right-Empty.jpg

slingshot300.png

Is it making more sense to you now? Put him where you want. And you can have Sproles AND Moore on the field at the same time :O. You do the math, you can put all the different combinations together. I could go on but I feel like im wasting my time. Go get on Madden and come up with some formations to work with. See?
folxc6.jpg
. I just did some quick googling.

You are wasting your time as you are acting like a child insulting others because they do not agree with your opinion. Certainly Sproles and Moore can be on the field at the same time. Can you add Austin and have all 3? This isn't the old run and shoot offenses of the 80s. Austin is a nice luxury, but not one we can afford with the other issues we need to address.

If they had to play today, probably Morgan. However they don't have to play today. Also, Graham and Sproles play out wide some in our sets. I don't think Austin is a consistent outside receiver.

I don't either. I'm just pointing out that there is indeed a very real void there that possibly, though unlikely, could be addressed tonight.

I don't either. I'm just pointing out that there is indeed a very real void there that possibly, though unlikely, could be addressed tonight.

It may be addressed (maybe in 3rd-5th) or it may be on the team (Toon or Morgan or Tanner) or a re-signing of Henderson for minimum, or a free agent after the draft. I am confident it will be filled. I am more concerned about the defense and in particular, the pass rush.

You are wasting your time as you are acting like a child insulting others because they do not agree with your opinion. Certainly Sproles and Moore can be on the field at the same time. Can you add Austin and have all 3? This isn't the old run and shoot offenses of the 80s. Austin is a nice luxury, but not one we can afford with the other issues we need to address.

Why can't you have all three on the field. Imagine this group in the red zone on 3rd and goal:

Colston and Graham out wide (fade route options), Moore and Austin in the slot, with Sproles in the backfield as a check down option.

With Brees behind center, there is no defense to that. We'd break a record in red zone efficiency with that lineup.

I'm actin like a child because I painted a pretty picture for you? Fair enough. It wasn't an insult at all but it seemed like my words weren't getting through to you. I was basically showing you that YES! YOU CAN ADD AUSTIN AND HAVE ALL THREE. But i also stated that we rotate our receivers.

Not the old run and shoot offenses indeed, but it's our style like it or not. As for Morgan being that 3rd guy .... if you think he offers more than Austin then I'd have to say I disagree. But I do agree that we have other issues, the draft is 7 rounds long, not just 1.

Trade back with St Louis knowing that one of them could fall there or still end up getting a guy like Desmond Trufant or Carradine

I really want us to get a 2nd rounder. I like Austin, Jones and Fluker as an option. But I really think trading back and getting two quality picks is better

I feel like there is a point of diminishing returns with us getting more offensive playmakers if that makes sense. I feel like a Tavon Austin might be the most dynamic playmaker available when we pick, but I don't know if he will have a substantial effect on our points per game.

Jarvis Jones/Sheldon Richardson at 70% snaps would make a greater impact than Tavon Austin at 40% snaps.

Also Brees seems to favor reliability and chemistry over raw talent at the WR spot, so I wouldn't be surprised if he preferred throwing to Moore over Austin anyways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom