Saints on the road. (1 Viewer)

IMO the key to the Lions game simply is whether or not we can win the turnover battle and get some sacks, putting the Lions in 2 and 3rd and long. If we continue our dismal embarrassment of not getting sacks and not creating turnovers, while giving them up to the Lions, this will be another loss for our Saints.
With Calvin Johnson probably out the Lions won't overwhelm us with points UNLESS they get some short fields for Stafford and their offense.

Saints 31, Lions 28... Brees 30/38 326 yds 2 TDs... PT carries 12/82 yds, catches 5/54 yds, TD... Josh Hill 7/73 yds, TD... Robinson 16/52 yds, TD

agree with everything, but Josh Hill. He will only get 72 yards.

The REAL Saints will show up tomorrow. I'm predicting a blow out 42-24.

Our D gives up too many TDs early in the game. No amount of running plays can change that. It is not the running game, nor the offensive players, who give up early TDs. Its the D.

This is why all the talk about running more is so misleading. Every week, there is a potential Dallas Cowboys scenario at play. And we know how that turned out. No offense....not even the best offense in the league can keep up with the constant defensive giveaways every freaking game. And they all end up as TDs for the opponents.

On the other hand, down 7-0 with 6-7 minutes left in the 1st quarter is not the time to abandon the run either. I've seen that done under this staff often, as well. It works both ways and I understand your point, but when we abandon the run early, especially in the road, more often than not it plays right into the opponents hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom