Saints on the road. (1 Viewer)

The idea that we need to transform into a running team for every road game is a load of crap.

Somewhat. But we do need to transform into a team that doesn't turn it over. If that means running more and being more conservative, then so be it.

We also need to transform into a team that can stop a 2 minute drill at the end of road games.

The idea that we need to transform into a running team for every road game is a load of crap.

Wrong!

We don't need to have a "run-heavy scheme" but we do need to have "balance" meaning Payton should not abandon the run game if we get down by 10 or 14 points early like Payton normally does.

If we get down early, you climb back into a game by keeping the defense honest and that is running the football and controlling the time of possession. Balanced play calling.

We are too conservative on road games and because of previous road losses we are afraid to play the way we are naturally.

Sure, balance works when you are running and passing the ball well. If you stick with a running game that is sucking the points margin will widen and you will be looking at a serious deficit late in the game.

We need to play our game.

Why do people continue to hammer Meach? The guy has had his guy beat on every deep ball thrown his way. People keep calling for cooks to get the deep ball but sorry a 5'9 small receiver trying to stop and comeback for an under thrown pass will not have a different outcome....
Cooks will jump for the ball whereas Meachem will keep running in hopes the DB won't jump and bat the ball away like they have been doing every single time. Meachem is terrible and shouldn't be playing over Morgan.

Cooks will jump for the ball whereas Meachem will keep running in hopes the DB won't jump and bat the ball away like they have been doing every single time. Meachem is terrible and shouldn't be playing over Morgan.

You don't jump for an under thrown ball! Nobody running at 4.3 speed can stop dead in his tracks and jump backwards. You slow down and try to get the angle over the DB and at 5'9 that's a lot harder. Just throw the ball over the head and let them run to it. I would be fine with Brees throws if there was a safety over the top but Meach has been out in front of everyone by 3 or 4 yards. It's all on Brees!

We are too conservative on road games and because of previous road losses we are afraid to play the way we are naturally.

Sure, balance works when you are running and passing the ball well. If you stick with a running game that is sucking the points margin will widen and you will be looking at a serious deficit late in the game.

We need to play our game.

Our game doesn't work on the road. That has been proven last year and this year thus far!

It is time to make changes to your scheme Payton. Every team pretty much has figured out our offense when we are trying to pass the ball. How many pick 6s has Brees thrown in 5 weeks? Stats don't lie but people do :scratch:

Everyone knows that Payton doesn't have the brain to do that. He's just going to pass, pass, pass, and pass.
Hate to disagree with you but I think Payton has the brain to make calls to try to get us a win! No coach ever makes the right calls every game but I'd still rather have him than any other coach!!!!!!

I just hope Drew worked on his deep ball effectiveness with every capable receiver when he could during this time off. The results of trying to hit a big play to me fall all on him and it's looked awful.

Hopefully a week off allowed his oblique to heal that much more. His arm strength is diminishing but I feel it is still there minus the injury

Wrong!

We don't need to have a "run-heavy scheme" but we do need to have "balance" meaning Payton should not abandon the run game if we get down by 10 or 14 points early like Payton normally does.

If we get down early, you climb back into a game by keeping the defense honest and that is running the football and controlling the time of possession. Balanced play calling.

THIS IS INCORRECT!

We start the game with an absurd number of pass plays and slowly get behind. Running the ball when down by double digits with an unreliable defense is ineffective time clock management. We need to come out the gate running the ball.

THIS IS INCORRECT!

We start the game with an absurd number of pass plays and slowly get behind. Running the ball when down by double digits with an unreliable defense is ineffective time clock management. We need to come out the gate running the ball.

Our D gives up too many TDs early in the game. No amount of running plays can change that. It is not the running game, nor the offensive players, who give up early TDs. Its the D.

This is why all the talk about running more is so misleading. Every week, there is a potential Dallas Cowboys scenario at play. And we know how that turned out. No offense....not even the best offense in the league can keep up with the constant defensive giveaways every freaking game. And they all end up as TDs for the opponents.

You should know by now that every time someone claims 40 burger or anything close 40 points ...it NEVER happens!!!!!!!

NOT TRUE, last season i correctly predicted the Dallas @ saints game. however that was a bit easier considering the dallas defense
also i was predicting 40 points a game all season so i was bound to get one of them! :p

Hate to disagree with you but I think Payton has the brain to make calls to try to get us a win! No coach ever makes the right calls every game but I'd still rather have him than any other coach!!!!!!

The reason why we did so well offensively in the preseason was because Carmichael was calling the plays. At the beginning of the regular season, however, Payton took over and has been calling very bizarre plays. That's why we've struggled a bit. Optimism doesn't always solve problems.

Everyone knows that Payton doesn't have the brain to do that. He's just going to pass, pass, pass, and pass.

No everyone DOESN'T know that. We just happen to have one of the most creative coaches in the game. How did we win the Super Bowl? We mixed the run with the pass. I have full confidence in our Coach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom