Saints on top of AC Power Rankings (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Not ESPN or CBS but I'll take it.

Since week two of the 2009 NFL season is almost in the books, I decided to do some power rankings. These 2009 pro football power rankings will cover everything that has happened previous to the Monday Night game in week 2.

1- The New Orleans Saints lead my week 2 NFL power rankings. Drew Brees is on a roll and the Saints defense is playing just good enough right now. Barring injury I expect the Saints defense to improve under Greg Williams as the season goes along.

2- The New York Jets under rookie coach Rex Ryan have an awesome defense, which has not allowed an offensive touchdown yet. Rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez will make mistakes and cost them while he learns on the job though.

3- The New York Giants are 2-0 and have found a way to win despite the loss of Plaxico Burris. Eli Manning is now an elite quarterback and their defense is playing well. The Giants were my preseason pick for the Super Bowl from the NFC.

4- Those tough Baltimore Ravens are playing some good football on both sides of the ball. If Baltimore had good receivers they would be very deadly. I can't believe no other teams thought Ray Lewis was worth a shot at in free agency.

5- The Atlanta Falcons had wins against two average to bad teams but a win is a win in the NFL. The defense looks improved and Tony Gonzalez has added a new weapon of note to Matt Ryan and the offense.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2197833/week_2_nfl_power_rankings.html

was all excited when I saw the thread, but then I looked at who he has at number 2 and he instantly lost all cred.

Anything with the Jets as the # 2 team in the league has to be off but at least we got the first spot because they might have a good D but I do not see them being able to score with us. No D can completely hold our O in check IMO

was all excited when I saw the thread, but then I looked at who he has at number 2 and he instantly lost all cred.

I don't know. The Jets are playing great D. They are very physical, and I think they will give us a lot of trouble.

And I appreciate a writer that doesn't just go along with the herd.

I know both teams lost, but taking the Steelers and the Pats both out of the top 5 already is just silly.

Little secret..anyone, and I do mean ANYONE, can write for Associated Content.

I personally have written and posted one article for them. Their gimmick is that if your articles get enough hits, they pay you some ridiculously low amount of money for them.

Therefore, in my view, they're not "journalists" at all. They are would-be bloggers with a fancy name.

I know both teams lost, but taking the Steelers and the Pats both out of the top 5 already is just silly.

I agree about Pittsburgh, they should be 2-0 if Jeff Reed makes his kicks. The Pats are definately outside the top 5 until Brady gets more comfortable w/ his knee. They look totally out of sync. Im hoping they get t right next week against ATL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom