Saints open as a 5.5 point road favorite against Seattle (2 Viewers)

See, in my head, it's only this:

Well, at least it didn't conjure up this image:
iu

A lot of people love it when the Saints are the underdog, I don't understand this mentality. I'd rather be the favorites every game because that would mean the Saints are playing very well. I understand it's cool when the underdog wins, but the underdog is the underdog because they are not that good. Why would you wish for the Saints to not play well? I loved it better when the Saints were just bullies and other teams feared playing them.
Because...

The Saints....

tend to...

Eat

The

Frickin

Cheese!

Yes, we want to be good but you never want to underestimate your opponent. Carolina and the Giants were supposed to be winnable games that we were favored in and we know how it played out. Michael Jordan was winning championships but he was making up stories about people disrespecting him. Brady keeps a mental tab of all the people that have said he was too old these past few years and uses it a motivation. I want us to be great but there's nothing like feeling like the underdog.

The Saints didn't lose those games because the underestimated the opponent. And, you are right, it's great when you are the underdog when you win. But the problem is, the underdog loses most of the time. I'd rather lose "sometimes" as the favorite than "most of the time" as the underdog.

A lot of people love it when the Saints are the underdog, I don't understand this mentality. I'd rather be the favorites every game because that would mean the Saints are playing very well. I understand it's cool when the underdog wins, but the underdog is the underdog because they are not that good. Why would you wish for the Saints to not play well? I loved it better when the Saints were just bullies and other teams feared playing them.
We seem to play better when we are not heavily favored. Of course I want us to play well. Aside from 09 and the Dome Patrol days (sans playoffs) we haven’t performed well when heavily favored, imo. I don’t pull for the dog because it’s a cool story, I feel we just play better when doubted.

We seem to play better when we are not heavily favored. Of course I want us to play well. Aside from 09 and the Dome Patrol days (sans playoffs) we haven’t performed well when heavily favored, imo. I don’t pull for the dog because it’s a cool story, I feel we just play better when doubted.

I don't know that that's necessarily the case. I think that most times the Saints are heavily favored, they win, but the times they lose just stand out more and stings a little more. And, I think they last few years of Drew's career, the Saints have relied too much on just two players, MT and Kamara. And, that got them a good record during the regular season, but in the playoffs when the level of play steps up a notch they needed another playmaker to go further, and they just never had that. It was a little easier for good teams to slow down the Saints in the playoffs.

Yes, there have been times the Saints have eaten the cheese, but that's not the norm. It's been a while since the Saints have lost more than 12 games in a season. They just haven't lost a lot of games for that to be the case.

I don't know that that's necessarily the case. I think that most times the Saints are heavily favored, they win, but the times they lose just stand out more and stings a little more. And, I think they last few years of Drew's career, the Saints have relied too much on just two players, MT and Kamara. And, that got them a good record during the regular season, but in the playoffs when the level of play steps up a notch they needed another playmaker to go further, and they just never had that. It was a little easier for good teams to slow down the Saints in the playoffs.

Yes, there have been times the Saints have eaten the cheese, but that's not the norm. It's been a while since the Saints have lost more than 12 games in a season. They just haven't lost a lot of games for that to be the case.
Doesn’t help when your QB can only throw it 20 yards downfield makes it easier on defenses in the playoffs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom