Saints open as a 5.5 point road favorite against Seattle (1 Viewer)

If we stop the run we should be good. Imagine one of those 7-9 Saints teams in 2015ish losing Drew Brees. That's about what we're up against.

Is anyone worried about the end of the Pittsburgh/Seattle game last Sunday night? It appears to me the NFL “powers that be” want to give the Seahawks every chance to stay in the race until Danger-Russ gets back! Go to the 56 second mark in the video link below, and tell me that they were legitimately unsure if that was a completed catch… Seattle out of timeouts.. DK catches the ball, turns around, pauses to survey the field, then takes a full 3 steps before the ball is punched out… and the refs “conveniently” call for further review as time expires?!!?

Now the Saints head to Seattle… and the Seahawks need the W, or that ship starts to take on too much water to stay afloat. Feels like a trap… and the stage is set for shenanigans 😬

Hopefully the Saints have gotten their guaranteed stinker (Panthers & Giants) games of the season out of the way now. It’s time to go on a run. I would take the Saints and those 5 points.
Hard for me to count panthers game as a stinker given we were down 8-9 players and what 10-11 coaches? Anyone knew that wasn’t going our way when the news came out

Giants. No friggin clue.

Hard for me to count panthers game as a stinker given we were down 8-9 players and what 10-11 coaches? Anyone knew that wasn’t going our way when the news came out

Giants. No friggin clue.
Yeah, yeah, I know it’s the NFL, n a loss is a loss is a loss.

But for fun, I came up with 3 simple types of losses I’d like to share:

forgettable… hard fought… n ugly

The Carolina game was forgettable. There were lotsa reasons, but no excuses. We got beat up n down. Take the lick n move on.

Hard fought losses are against quality teams that go down to da wire.

UGLY losses come against inferior teams that you should have not only beaten, but dominated! The Giants loss was one of, if not our UGLIEST loss in the last 4 seasons!

All things considered, bein 3-2 at this point is fairly commendable, n certainly a helluva lot better than 2-3. But KNOWING that we SHOULD be 4-1 STILL makes me SICK!!! 🤢🤮🤢

It was good to see the Saints open as a resounding favorite against the Seahawks. Obviously with Wilson out and the Seattle defense as porous as ever, there seems good reason for the spread to be so large. But these are the kind of games that make my stomach churn. Hopefully everyone comes back from our mini vacation ready to perform well up there in the Pacific northwest.

Geaux Saints! :grin:
Let’s face it Bill, every Saints game makes your stomach churn. :hihi:

Let’s face it Bill, every Saints game makes your stomach churn. :hihi:
You are so right! :grin:
But it seems that the ol' gut is even more uneasy every time we go into a game as a consensus favorite. I sure hope we come out swinging in the post-BYE. The Saints are either really good, or really bad after the week off. And since we keep alternating wins & losses, it's hard to get a feel for this game. But it does seem to be the best time to be playing Seattle at their place. Most of us checked this game as one of the toughest on our schedule at the start.

I still think it's going to be a tough Monday night match-up. I just feel it. :shocked:

You are so right! :grin:
But it seems that the ol' gut is even more uneasy every time we go into a game as a consensus favorite. I sure hope we come out swinging in the post-BYE. The Saints are either really good, or really bad after the week off. And since we keep alternating wins & losses, it's hard to get a feel for this game. But it does seem to be the best time to be playing Seattle at their place. Most of us checked this game as one of the toughest on our schedule at the start.

I still think it's going to be a tough Monday night match-up. I just feel it. :shocked:
Whether we’re facing a winless team, an undefeated team, or someone in between, I think the best approach is to make every attempt to play your best football. Winning big, winning ugly, barely winning - all work for me. Just put another notch in the W column.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom