Saints @ Panthers Oct. 9th (2 Viewers)

Y'all may have to move the tailgate as they're getting rid of several parking lots in that area to put in a "green park". :(
Can you take a look when the season starts and see if our lot got "swallowed up"? If so, I'll start planning for a new location. If we have to switch, that will really suck. That's one of the main reasons I always stay at the Residence Inn -- it's right across the street from the lot (as well as the stadium).

Can you take a look when the season starts and see if our lot got "swallowed up"? If so, I'll start planning for a new location. If we have to switch, that will really suck. That's one of the main reasons I always stay at the Residence Inn -- it's right across the street from the lot (as well as the stadium).

I know the lots across the street from where you tailgate is gone for sure because two of the tailgates that I go to have been affected. I'll verify about your lot.

Looks like a few of us are going, was looking for feedback on tickets (had my eye on something 108-110 ish. Like being near the tunnel).

Sounds like the Westin is a good spot, hotel-wise. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Looks like a few of us are going, was looking for feedback on tickets (had my eye on something 108-110 ish. Like being near the tunnel).

Sounds like the Westin is a good spot, hotel-wise. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

That is the Panthers tunnel but on the Saints side of the field. The visitor tunnel is in 137.

Westin is a good hotel. So is the Residence Inn (closest to the stadium). Courtyard and Hilton are also both closeby. The visiting team normally stays at the Marriott on Trade Street.

All those hotels are great!! And you will see a good handful of saints at any of those. You walk to tailgating and game no problem. We have sat in 110 and they were great!! You would be behind Saints bench!! And if the game goes in our favor towards the end of the game panther fans will leave and a lot of SAints fans will rally behind there and chant Who dat! So I would say those seats are the best overall. Yea the Saints have stayed at the Marriott in the past but not since two years ago. Last year they were in south park and year before at the westin. So who knows this year but if anyone finds out please do share :) WHO DAT!!

Does anyone know if MIke will be bringing the bus this year?? If he's interested i know we would chip in on some gas money for him!! Love having them here!!

Well, we're 2 weeks out now, so I guess I should start getting some things organized. If you are attending, shoot me a PM to let me know. Feel free to send your phone number and I'll send you mine.

"LKN H20Girl" is checking to see if our regular tailgating lot is available this year, since a lot of lots apparently got snatched up for whatever reason. If it's available, we'll be in the same spot as always. If not, I'll probably figure something out Saturday night before the game, or first thing Sunday morning. Obviously, I'll update this thread with the location, and call/text/email everyone who sends me their information.

As of right now, I'll plan to cook jambalaya on location. It always seems to go over well. Everyone, let me know your thoughts regarding a keg of Abita Amber. I can take care of getting it, and everyone can just throw in a few bucks. We've done it the past few years, but it takes a little organization since I live over 2 hours away. If we do go with a keg, and you don't want to drink Abita Amber, bring whatever you want.

In addition to the jambalaya, I'll bring a large supply of cups, bowls, & forks/spoons.

Post in this thread anything else you plan to bring. I understand out-of-towners won't really be able to bring anything. That's fine. There are enough of us around to handle things.

Anyone needing any advice on where to go the night before or after the game, let me know.

Also, I found that the visiting teams this season are staying at the Ritz Carlton. They have an underground loading area so that teams and famous people can enter/exit the hotel in private.

Looks like we'll be in the same tailgating spot as always. It's the little "triangular" lot formed between S Mint, W 3rd, and S Poplar streets. The "B" below is on S Poplar. Here's a link where you can get directions: S Poplar St - Google Maps

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=&amp;daddr=35.227453,-80.84797&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;sll=35.2267,-80.848593&amp;sspn=0.007353,0.009645&amp;vpsrc=0&amp;mra=mift&amp;mrsp=1&amp;sz=17&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=35.2267,-80.848593&amp;spn=0.007353,0.009645&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=&amp;daddr=35.227453,-80.84797&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;sll=35.2267,-80.848593&amp;sspn=0.007353,0.009645&amp;vpsrc=0&amp;mra=mift&amp;mrsp=1&amp;sz=17&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=35.2267,-80.848593&amp;spn=0.007353,0.009645" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

Anyone needing any advice on where to go the night before or after the game, let me know.

Also, I found that the visiting teams this season are staying at the Ritz Carlton. They have an underground loading area so that teams and famous people can enter/exit the hotel in private.

Is "convention center" the closest light rail stop?

Thx

Hey me and my wife are coming up from Chesapeake to the game, will be there Friday to Monday so would be more then happy to contribute in any way to the tailgate.Last year we came down for just the game then left the next day but we plan on making it a annual trip so would love to meet some of you fans in the area. Btw if you Google saints panthers tailgate you can find this thread. :)

Tailgating

Hey Jerry we will for sure be there like always and are willing to contribute. Looks like there should be a couple different groups of who dats in same area. One being the charlotte LSU alumni group. Not sure if you want to join forces but thought I would pass that along. If you can think of anything we can bring let us know.otherwise we will let you know what we come up with:)

So I hear they will be at the RITZ!! We went there last year for a couple drinks and I would think it will be close to impossible to see them there. It wont be as easy as all the years before. Bummer but oh well

I've decided to do something a little different this year. As I said before, I'll be cooking jambalaya and bringing a keg of Abita Amber. In the past, everyone has thrown a couple dollars my way to cover some of the expenses. I don't want that this year. Instead, if people do not object, I'd still like people to pitch in some money, but the jambalaya & beer will be my gift to you. I will not keep any of the money. I will give 100% to support Team Gleason, by donating it to the ALS Association. Steve Gleason is one of my family's all-time favorite players, and we have been inspired by him and his story.

We will have a donation bucket set up, and you can put your donation there. I'm not dictating how much you give, because everyone's financial situation is different. Just think about how much you might spend in food & drink before the game otherwise, and remember what a great cause this is for. If you make a donation, you may partake of the food & drink.

Does that sound OK to everyone? Are there any objections?

Also, I want to thank no26js (both of you) for stepping up and helping me out this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom