Saints Saints-Panthers to be played in the Dome (1 Viewer)

OK so it isnt just me, I live in Dallas, covid still sucks here FYI with fans, but as I read the post, I see they say The mayor said no fans before the season start. The saints knew her answer Before the season starts. The saints ask later she said no. And now everyone is surprised. Its like when my kid ask for candy and I say no she ask 10 minutes later I say no she ask her mom, her mom says im busy and then everyone looks surprise that the kid still does not have candy
i tell my students, "i have a 12 yr old and 6 yr old. I am completely immune to being asked the same question over and over hoping for a different answer"

If the game happens

Carolina Panthers close practice facility ahead of Saints game after 'unconfirmed positive' COVID-19 test

The Saints are scheduled to play to Panthers at noon this Sunday, Oct. 25, in the Superdome.
https://www.wwltv.com/mobile/articl...down/289-4fcb98bb-3e95-4521-b3aa-0e543008cbcc
Who really knows anymore? :shrug:
I'm kind of expecting another 'false positive' story. With as many as we've had to date, it's hard to imagine that these tests can be trusted enough to have a complete and fair season. The disruption to such teams and staff members with 'positive' results has to be making it extremely difficult to stay mentally focused on playing a football game. :covri:

Who really knows anymore? :shrug:
I'm kind of expecting another 'false positive' story. With as many as we've had to date, it's hard to imagine that these tests can be trusted enough to have a complete and fair season. The disruption to such teams and staff members with 'positive' results has to be making it extremely difficult to stay mentally focused on playing a football game. :covri:
False positives are always going to occurr, especially with the volume of test being conducted. There will always be errors somewhere. Thats why you should confirm the positive result with another test before releasing the information. Saban was the latest with this rather irresponsible reporting.

False positives are always going to occurr, especially with the volume of test being conducted. There will always be errors somewhere. Thats why you should confirm the positive result with another test before releasing the information. Saban was the latest with this rather irresponsible reporting.
Irresponsible reporting? Who would've thought such a thing existed?

Irresponsible reporting? Who would've thought such a thing existed?
Why take chances? Better to be wrong than right. Carolina did right by shutting everything down and preventing an outbreak if it is an indeed a positive. It’s not flawed journalism.

Funny because the Tennessee Titians actually got better from their outbreak.

Last edited:
i really wished people paid more attention to the already approaching 2nd/3rd wave than they do to their booboo feelings

and while I'm no fan of the current mayor - i can almost guarantee that many of the people blasting her for not opening the dome also blasted her for allowing mardi gras to happen
they can figure out for themselves the paradox of their outrage

I hate seeing generalizations like this every time there is a topic of contention.

Why take chances? Better to be wrong than right. Carolina did right by shutting everything down and preventing an outbreak if it is an indeed a positive. It’s not flawed journalism.

Funny because the Tennessee Titians actually got better from their outbreak.
I guess I disagree vehemently on the better to be wrong than right mindset. That is how fear and panic set in. It is why we get what we have now with this; conflicting information, politicization of the virus, bad data misinforming the public, which all leads to really bad and ineffective mitigation policies. Confirming is not taking chances, quite the contrary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom